Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Its only been 2-3 months but so far so good, all have kept up fine so far. Hasn't got above 90 for any extended length of time yet. We've done 4 changeovers and all were oversized anyway so it will probably help if there is some capacity loss.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Capacity loss and need to change oil to poe, and change o rings and possibly txv. I would do a serious pressure test and stick with 22.
    Actually on the oil change part some are only requiring adding 10-20% of POE oil to the mineral oil to enable migration. That is what they are claiming anyway. Though it would probably be best to change it out completely if doing a retrofit refrigerant.
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

Just for some short term experience, I had a customer with two old units that were almost dead flat like his wallet. I decided to go with 407c and added aprox 20% POE oil to the mineral oil and charged as usual. No foaming, seems to have good migration, cooled amazingly well with a 19* split and pressures were exactly what I would expect from R22.
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 07-11-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12