+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my school project

Post Likes

my school project

in my school project. at first evap was leaking so bad. had few hole on copper line. so i fixed all them and put new txv. then find that cond unit someone forgot or did not put a bolt for compressor which it was mess up so bad. i put everything new copper for it and braze it up all them.
    still not done yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Post Likes
    You would of been better off with a 45 then a 90 instead of that crazy single bend coming out of the condenser, why is there so many joints right there too? Where ya short on pipe?

Post Likes
    So was your school project to turn a normal split into a ductless mini split?

Pretty cool project!
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    looks like a first company air handler, that's why your evap coil leaked so much

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Greend88 View Post
    You would of been better off with a 45 then a 90 instead of that crazy single bend coming out of the condenser, why is there so many joints right there too? Where ya short on pipe?
    those look like the use of a swedging tool and a bender. i hope theyre being taught that

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by worm5932 View Post
    those look like the use of a swedging tool and a bender. i hope theyre being taught that
    Great that there using them but bending a 45 and then a 90 would of looked way more professional... Professionalism is being lost in schools and getting it done quick and ugly is being taught churning out more and more hacks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Greend88 View Post
    Great that there using them but bending a 45 and then a 90 would of looked way more professional... Professionalism is being lost in schools and getting it done quick and ugly is being taught churning out more and more hacks.
    I had access to less in school.... Probably just making do with the scraps he had access to at the time. Now, I make sure that everything is of the utmost quality!

Post Likes
    What a mess, at least hes getting his feet wet.

Post Likes
    Nice little project you got going on there. Just remember that everything is bigger outside of the class room. I agree, probably just using what he has access to.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    In todays school labs, we fight for whatever copper and materials we can get our hands on.
    with the budget cuts and economy the extras the schools had are in short supply.

now that I am in the field full time, I always save the old copper and parts from change outs and donate/drop off each evening to the school I attended. even broken parts are still useful when it comes to demonstration items or training aids. Even a blown start cap, along with a bad run cap a blown fan motor and a froze up compressor and junky contactor can aid in helping a hvac student dummy wire a system in a lab that does not have many available units or materials

that's hands on training in my opinion. quality preparation for the field right there.

I know first hand to what its like to have 100 pieces of 6 inch copper tubing, but nothing longer and in one piece. much less a shortage on fittings and such.

yes I have a bit of dedication to my school, like I do this trade.
    without either I could be doing a lot worse.

btw, good job on the lab project.

Post Likes
    I am envious, we got to do no such project at school. The only hands on we got to do was scrapping some old units for the teacher who was also running a business outside of school. And we had a cookout every Thursday, so instead of 4 days of instruction a week we got 3. 3 days to teach ourselves that is. That was the instructor for the first year. When we got into the second year, which the head of the department taught, he couldn't understand why so many people who got A's for 3 semesters couldn't read wiring diagrams.
    "If you've eliminated all other possibilities whatever remains must be the truth."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HvacBry View Post
    In todays school labs, we fight for whatever copper and materials we can get our hands on.
    with the budget cuts and economy the extras the schools had are in short supply.

now that I am in the field full time, I always save the old copper and parts from change outs and donate/drop off each evening to the school I attended. even broken parts are still useful when it comes to demonstration items or training aids. Even a blown start cap, along with a bad run cap a blown fan motor and a froze up compressor and junky contactor can aid in helping a hvac student dummy wire a system in a lab that does not have many available units or materials

that's hands on training in my opinion. quality preparation for the field right there.

I know first hand to what its like to have 100 pieces of 6 inch copper tubing, but nothing longer and in one piece. much less a shortage on fittings and such.

yes I have a bit of dedication to my school, like I do this trade.
    without either I could be doing a lot worse.

btw, good job on the lab project.
    That a darn nice thing you are doing for them, my hat's off to you Sir.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    http://youtu.be/OdIyZ2uK2Q4
    so far I got 100% for grade on that project.

Post Likes
    I had to add duck work on that unit reason that Blower over amp so add that duck work will reduce the amp current draw.

Post Likes
    Nice job. I hope you learned a lot from that project.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in