New member, still in hvac school

Hi, everyone. I new to that site. Right now I'm trying to get jobs with hvac, since i started school 2012 Aug and end this Aug very soon.
    Just wounder if everyone even know a person who are deaf or hard hearing worked for hvac with no problem.

Sorry I haven't...If you are deaf or hard hearing you may have a small uphill battle for some technical areas....like listening for a soft click of a thermostat. All in all I believe that they can be overcome as long as you hone in on sensitive touch . Good Luck on your new career path.

that thermostat or psi control box i can feel those click on and off.

the compressor i use a amp meter to see if something wrong with it

I am deaf, and I've worked in HVAC as an installer, service tech, and sheetmetal fabrication in Residential, Commercial, and Hospitals for 15 years. And now I have my own business with 10 employees. Your biggest challenge is going to be your co-workers and customer service, not the trade itself. Good luck, and feel free to e-mail me if you want to know more (my e-mail is in my profile).

For what it's worth, I've never met another person in this trade that is deaf. I met one plumber, that is all.

for your infomation i just got hired and working for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Maintenance Technicians

Good luck at the new job.
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Quote Originally Posted by jxw9634 View Post
    Hi, everyone. I new to that site. Right now I'm trying to get jobs with hvac, since i started school 2012 Aug and end this Aug very soon.
    Just wounder if everyone even know a person who are deaf or hard hearing worked for hvac with no problem.
    I use to work with a guy at a bacon plant with a very large ammonia compressor room that refused to wear earplugs. Lol he didnt hear so good.

That's great! Good luck at your new job.

JXW Best of look to you in your future career! As long as you are confident in yourself and your ability then so will everyone else!