inexpensive,high quality, easy install, looks good, heats well?

That is what I am looking for in a fireplace. It will be in a newly built room. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by xrdirthead; 03-08-2007 at 12:09 AM.

Thats about 3 or 4 oxymorons in a row. Do you like jumbo shrimp?

And I want a Bughatti Veyron for $500. Ain't happenin'. Now if you knock off the first prerequisite, there are a few manufactures that make units that will fit the bill. I like Regency myself, but there are other good brands as well. You need to find a dealer and go see some for yourself. Remember, a gas fireplace is a 'luxury' item. You won't be happy with a cheap, thin walled unit that pops and bangs and rots out in a few years.
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

LOL..I know...

Quote Originally Posted by natgastech View Post
    Thats about 3 or 4 oxymorons in a row. Do you like jumbo shrimp?

Thanks. I have Regency and Heat N Glo on my list. Just seeing if I could add to it.
    Speaking of the Bugatti Veyron did u see this:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15...n-at-top-speed

Quote Originally Posted by gasguy View Post
    And I want a Bughatti Veyron for $500. Ain't happenin'. Now if you knock off the first prerequisite, there are a few manufactures that make units that will fit the bill. I like Regency myself, but there are other good brands as well. You need to find a dealer and go see some for yourself. Remember, a gas fireplace is a 'luxury' item. You won't be happy with a cheap, thin walled unit that pops and bangs and rots out in a few years.

I am building a new home and I am going to use a Heat N Glow 6000 GLX. This is a very nice unit but it is not cheap. Check this one out as it has all the features and should put out a lot of heat.

Thanks Steve. I did see your posts and have looked at that model. Looks really nice.
    So many decisions! And hopefully no regrets later on.

Quote Originally Posted by wscsteve View Post
    I am building a new home and I am going to use a Heat N Glow 6000 GLX. This is a very nice unit but it is not cheap. Check this one out as it has all the features and should put out a lot of heat.

I love regency, Mendota, Fireplace Extrordinaire. I don't sell them just install them and repair them. Those are from what I have seen the way to go..
    Just my opinion.
    Look for Travis when researching FX

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bonafide View Post
    I love regency, Mendota, Fireplace Extrordinaire. I don't sell them just install them and repair them. Those are from what I have seen the way to go..
    Just my opinion.
    Look for Travis when researching FX

LOVE LOVE LOVE our Mendota. I would buy the same thing again in a heartbeat.

What happened to fireplaces consisting of brick, flue, and a chimney? You wanna really get fancy include a screen and tools.
    The quality of heat varies by the log thou and moisture will cause snaps and cracks. The sound and warmth of a real fire often imitated but never perfected.

Cool open hearth fire

Yep, there's nothing like it.............................as it sucks 400-600 cfm of heated air up your chimney.

Terra cotta flue tile is obscelete and should not be allowed in new construction anymore.

open hearths, whether burning wood or gas logs are decorative and not for heat. VF logs heat like crazy but that is a whole another discussion.