06et299360 carlye

when replacing compressor that came with front discharge head can one use head off old compressor and reverse the new valve pagage on new compressor. we ordered compressor with reverse center head and got front head. unit uses 06et299360-R. reverse head
    thanks for any info. everything i have found says no.

the switching of heads and valve plates was done by previous techs. i had compressor sent back and told them to get what was ordered. did not want to use old valve plate. compressor was a burnout. told them old valve plate could be a problem. did not want to risk old valve plate. they did not like it as others had changed the parts before.

Did it all the time I think you needed to change the gasket too.

other techs were swapping out the old valve package along with old head and using old valves. did not want to use old old valve package . so one can reverse new valve package as long as one uses new gaskets and use old reverse head.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guess1956 View Post
    other techs were swapping out the old valve package along with old head and using old valves. did not want to use old old valve package . so one can reverse new valve package as long as one uses new gaskets and use old reverse head.
    thanks
    Correct there are no good reason to pay more for a reversed have compressor. Just make sure to check the center head division plate to the gasket.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Thanks. i have hard time getting manuals here in good ole south Ark. was not sure.

Don't say that I see that you must have finally been blessed with Internet since you found this site.
    This info might not be in a manual just common knowledge.
    I would think Carrier Enterprise could help you if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by guess1956 View Post
    Thanks. i have hard time getting manuals here in good ole south Ark. was not sure.

can find some manuals but have not found one about reversing head. the one manual i found about head said do not. but will continue to look. others have reversed head using old head and valve package but you said you do it by reversing new valve package so i will continue to look. thanks