Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

whats next? fighter jet confiscation?

some dude assembled an F-14 or two (sorry i'm not the best news reporter) and he received a visit from the government who took them apart and gave them to the navy, no charges were filed. (most likely the planes were unarmed)

apparently it's illegal for citizens to own a fighter jet

?????????

clear violation of the 2nd Amendment which states "muskets" or "fighter jets"

first guns , now jets , this is getting worse and worse

That's because a Tomcat is a weapon of mass destruction.

The big question in my mind is where did he get his parts?

Quote Originally Posted by dngrsone View Post
    That's because a Tomcat is a weapon of mass destruction.

The big question in my mind is where did he get his parts?
    Ebay??

In aviation, it is illegal to export a military aircraft (probably illegal to export any aircraft now-a-days). That is one crime they will lock you under the jail and bury the key.

Seriously: Has anyone ever wondered if the war on terror will ever be over? This 'war' reminds me of George Orwell's 1984...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ice machine undertaker View Post
    Ebay??
    While you're talking, I do recall an F/A-18 put up for sale a couple years ago... the sale didn't go through before eBay pulled it...

I think on that show MASH some guy on there ordered one part for a jeep every so often but not enough to get noticed until at the end over the years he had enough parts for a total jeep. Maybe this guy did something like that to.

That would be "radar" O'Reilly. He sent jeep parts home incrementally over the course of several years, as I recall.

Unfortunately, an airframe is not something one can order and redirect discreetly.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    In aviation, it is illegal to export a military aircraft (probably illegal to export any aircraft now-a-days). That is one crime they will lock you under the jail and bury the key.
    Hmmm.. As I recall Larry Ellison ( of Oracle multi billionare fame) owns several military fighter jets. they are un armed, but he does also fly them around quite often.... Hmmm... Perhaps only the super rich can own then, not the rest of us....

Seriously: Has anyone ever wondered if the war on terror will ever be over? This 'war' reminds me of George Orwell's 1984...
    And that other funny Orwellian theme of "doublespeak"... Perhaps olde Georgie knew something the rest of us only thought could only be fiction...

Quote Originally Posted by oloenneker View Post
    Hmmm.. As I recall Larry Ellison ( of Oracle multi billionare fame) owns several military fighter jets. they are un armed, but he does also fly them around quite often.... Hmmm... Perhaps only the super rich can own then, not the rest of us....
    Yes, as I understand it there are a number of very wealthy folks that own military aircraft. They usually rent them to movie studios for exorbitant fees for movies... nice business.

But to export one is another story. Try it, and tell me what happens.

I hold a puddle hopper's license (private pilot), with some ratings. I also hold an A&P ticket (license to perform maintenance and repairs on aircraft). Having spent a few years in the aviation community, I heard a lot of stories and spent some time around folks that had 'expensive toys'.

There are 3 occasions that I really enjoyed:
    1) I got to ride in the back seat of a trainer version of an FU-4 Corsair;
    2) I got to ride in the back seat of an F-15; and
    3) I got to work on and ride in a B-17 (belongs to the Confederate Air Force in S Texas).
    Which one was the best: #1

You will literally never see the light of day again if you try to export a military aircraft w/out the federal government in the middle of the transaction. I can guarantee that.
    Last edited by ga-hvac-tech; 03-06-2007 at 11:53 PM.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

The only citizen that I am aware of who owns any active-series military aircraft is Chuck Yeager, and I don't know whether he actually owns them or has them on permanent loan from the military.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

But to export one is another story. Try it, and tell me what happens.

Of course Wolfstrike's post was vauge, and it never mentioned the "intent" of exporting the aircraft...

Now, according to the second amendment, which according to Wolfstrike is being violated, would this not fall under the application of a "well regulated militia"? If so, the feds are wrong for the seizure.

Now, if you look it from the perspective that "we already have a well regulated militia, namely the National Guard" then certainly the second amendment was not violated, since the National Guard fills the function of the "well regulated militia" portion of the second amendment...

now, to stir the pot further: this could also apply to nearly ALL other firearms... Whats to stop the feds from seizing your guns? Nothing! And as a matter of fact, they would be legal to do so, unless you where a member of such a "well regulated militia"...

Quote Originally Posted by dngrsone View Post
    The only citizen that I am aware of who owns any active-series military aircraft is Chuck Yeager, and I don't know whether he actually owns them or has them on permanent loan from the military.

Well, now that you mention "active service"... I don't know of any other "private" persons in the USA that own one either..

Abroad, who knows. I am pretty sure that the Saudi Kingdom owns a few "active" American fighter jets as well would that king Hussein in Jordan..

But then again, they own entire countries...

well this thread wasn't really about the 2nd amendment, but over the years i picked up info and i actually dug through some history,

i've competly debunked the government's anti-gun stance.

http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130864

i could have added quotes from the founding fathers, but i didn't, i figured it was too long already

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast