zimmerman case started - Page 5
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    So Zimmerman is guilty.
    It might be as simple as Zimmerman is guilty if he flashed his gun prior to the fight. If he did that it would be legally game-on for Trayvon.

There you go thinking again!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    It is either legal to shoot someone under the circumstances or it isn't. Cops get the most leniency when shooting people and they don't even use the "he was black, he had a criminal swagger, look at his text messages, look at his grades, he was wearing a hoodie" defense. They don't use those arguments because they are not relevant to the shooting itself. OTOH isn't relevant that 911 told Zimmerman to stop following Trayvon and he didn't. Because if you follow someone it doesn't give them the right to beat your head into the ground...if that is what happened.

If they can prove through voice analysis that Zimmerman was indeed getting his head beat in to the ground, was on the brink of death and was desperately calling out for help, and only then did he pull out his gun - he should walk. Even if Zimmerman started the fight, it doesn't give Trayvon the right to use deadly force. BUT, if it can be proven that Zimmerman pulled his gun on Trayvon and threatened his life first, Trayvon could use deadly force in return.
    Ya ever notice almost every time the cops are at a crime scene... they have a 30-45 minute conference with nobody close enough to listen...
    Curious to me... the facts ALWAYS support the cops... After all, they ARE govt employees.
    Now GA is NOT saying we need to get rid of cops... rather we need some way to police the police; as we need a viable way to police the govt.

It is all in the Constitution.... all we have to do is get off our butts and get involved.

GA poste4d this last evening... I see NO replies.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....-how-many-will

I wonder if anyone cares enough they are being extorted by an illegal organization to do something about it.
    If folks are not willing to get involved... IMO they have no right to complain.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Defending yourself does not allow you to use deadly force. However, if Zimmerman brandished his gun prior to the fight or if Trayvon saw the gun he would be allowed to kill Zimmerman, knowing that if Zimmerman got his hands on his gun, he would use it.

That is the downside of CCW. You are a walking deadly weapon with uncertain intentions to the public. Show your weapon to someone during a conflict and they now have the right to use deadly force back upon you.
    This is not correct. May want to study the Constitution a bit there Brian.

There are literally millions of 'righteous shootings' every year by private citizens defending themselves... that are NOT prosecuted.

When someone comes after you, and you fear for your life, you have every right to defend/protect yourself. To say that is not so... is worse than p**ing into the wind.

Brian, you really need to spend some time with REAL CCW folks at a quality gun range. After they get to know you, they will explain some things to you I think you do not yet understand.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    This is not correct. May want to study the Constitution a bit there Brian.

There are literally millions of 'righteous shootings' every year by private citizens defending themselves... that are NOT prosecuted.

When someone comes after you, and you fear for your life, you have every right to defend/protect yourself. To say that is not so... is worse than p**ing into the wind.

Brian, you really need to spend some time with REAL CCW folks at a quality gun range. After they get to know you, they will explain some things to you I think you do not yet understand.
    If you can prove you were legitimately fearing for your life and not using it as an excuse/reason after the fact...like cops do.

GA,
    Is it not true that if Zimmerman flashed his gun before the conflict, Trayvon would be legally allowed to also use deadly force?

Here's a novel idea. Why not let the judicial system decide this case?

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Here's a novel idea. Why not let the judicial system decide this case?
    Good idea.

If you can prove you were legitimately fearing for your life and not using it as an excuse/reason after the fact...like cops do.
    The point I am making Brian (BTW, you are off ignore, you are making more sense than you used to... ); is one has a legal right (Constitutional) to protect them self or selves from danger. Using deadly force (IMO) should be the absolute last resort... you will find most CCW folks agree. In Mossad Ayoub's book 'In the Gravest Extreme' (this book is generally considered the 'holy grail' or 'Bible' of CCW and deadly force as self defense), he suggests one to carry a money clip with $35 in it... when approached, pull it out, pitch it in a direction opposite the best exit of the area, and run like h*ll in the best exit direction as soon as the perp's eyes are on the money clip and not you. Now does this really sound like someone playing Rambo? Yes, there are a few Ranbo types in the gun community... IMO (and the opinion of most of the gun community) they need 're-educating'... (Yes, GA said that).

Now I will ask you a question: You are on a construction site, it is Friday, around 7-7:30 PM. Your wife drove over to pick you up, she is in the car (or truck) waiting for you. You are wrapping up some stuff, so you can send the customer a bill for either the weekly draw or close out the job. A couple of 'bad guys' (I really do not care what color, race, age, ethnicity, beliefs, attitude, etc they have) come along; and your gut screams in your head 'Oh sh*t, this is gonna be trouble'. You watch as they eye you and the site, then they split into different directions to surround you (you and the wifey are alone). You can see in their eyes they are cold and one of them is wild-eyed (like he is higher than a kite on something). There is an honest and real fear for your and your wifey's mortal life.
    What are you gonna do? I guarantee you if you dial 911, it will be all over before the uniforms get there.

What are you gonna do to protect yourself and your wifey?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Zimmerman gonna be one of those down low brothers when he gets out.

Of course I bet they will put him in with the child molesters and stuff..... but you never know....... Someone got to Jeffery Dahmer....
    "Maybe I am a welfares queen"

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

He actually said that

Im sure you are speaking from experience corny.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    It's one thing to say his past caught up with him. It's another to say he deserved it cause he is black.
    Some of you despise when the race card is played by blacks, but yet have no problem using race to justify a death sentence.

Race should not be an issue. But since it is being used then Zimmerman will hang for a hate crime.

Neither Zimmermans nor Martins past should be an issue in this case. What matters is what happened on that night only.

If you don't want blacks to call this or any crime a hate crime then don't justify it cause color.

hey, it was Al Sharpton and Treyvons Lawyer and the media that turned this into race thing.

why wasn't Al Sharpton and the media all over this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1033062

The white kid must have deserved it, right.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    What I said six months ago, or has it been a year by now. Glad it will finally be over.

As far as having smoked dope or not, I think I would want the jury to know. Let's see, when high on grass you are a) a little slow, b) easily distracted c) more mellow d) hungry e) all of the preceding.
    f} more likely to make irrational decisions. Geeez, another 'F' for that comment omission.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast