Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    The pot smoking liberal mind is a terrible thing to waste. Light some more incense my little Indian friend.
    What? You sound like a racist at heart pure and simple. Go back to shanty town.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    I think it falls under the same category as "character witnesses". I think its reasonable to know what type of person Martin was. It may help paint a picture of what happened that night. Obviously it shouldn't be the only factor in determining what happened that night but all reasonable facts should at least be considered.
    If you were convicted of battery some twenty years ago and you were being charged with battery again, but there was no evidence that you battered somebody, should your old conviction be allowed as evidence?

Like I said, there has to be a connection between Martin's behavior that night and his past bad behavior. So far, there isn't...other than Zimmerman's biased claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If you were convicted of battery some twenty years ago and you were being charged with battery again, but there was no evidence that you battered somebody, should your old conviction be allowed as evidence?

Like I said, there has to be a connection between Martin's behavior that night and his past bad behavior. So far, there isn't...other than Zimmerman's biased claim.
    Its long been proven that past behavior is a very good predictor of present and future behavior. So past facts should at least be allowed to be considered IMO. And in the Martin case there appears to be some evidence of mutual combat/assault. Nether one of these guys looks like an altar boy to me. So knowing both of their past backgrounds seems appropriate to me.

On a side note, on another thread you were inquiring on what "geerair" connection was to HVAC and why he posted here. Personally I'm always curious why someone posts here on a regular basis that doesn't appear to have any strong relation to HVAC. Now for the most part I like, welcome and encourage everyone's posting and contributions to our forum. I usually enjoy your posts as well. But I am also curious what a GC finds interesting about a bunch of AC guys? What makes us so special that you choose to spend time with us?

I'm pretty sure, personally if it wasn't for the wealth of information I glean from the technical areas of this forum I probably wouldn't come by ARP much if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Its long been proven that past behavior is a very good predictor of present and future behavior. So past facts should at least be allowed to be considered IMO. And in the Martin case there appears to be some evidence of mutual combat/assault. Nether one of these guys looks like an altar boy to me. So knowing both of their past backgrounds seems appropriate to me.
    Past behavior is a good indicator but every event should be graded separately. Imagine this: A guy gets pulled over and he has a past pot ticket/conviction. Should the cop be allowed to search his car without probably cause because he is likely to find pot? NO! The cop must have evidence of current criminal behavior to search his car. He can't use old evidence.

On a side note, on another thread you were inquiring on what "geerair" connection was to HVAC and why he posted here.
    Not exactly. Greerair claims to be in HVAC but won't elaborate for some reason. He also will not describe himself in any way so as to validate his experience on any subject.

Also, I don't believe I asked "why he posts here".

Personally I'm always curious why someone posts here on a regular basis that doesn't appear to have any strong relation to HVAC.Now for the most part I like, welcome and encourage everyone's posting and contributions to our forum. I usually enjoy your posts as well. But I am also curious what a GC finds interesting about a bunch of AC guys? What makes us so special that you choose to spend time with us?
    I did post in the predecessor to AOP but now I am banned from doing so.

I was drawn to HVAC-Talk because I witness a lot of HVAC hackery in homes I work on and I have a particular interest in air infiltration, air movement within a structure, air stratification, placement of supplies and returns and insulation characteristics since I am a finish carpenter, GC, and window and door installer. I do peruse AOP for those subjects and am very interested how the exerts respond to those problems. But again I can't participate in the threads. Being a GC, they don't respect my observations anyway.

IMO HVAC guys are too focused on the equipment and not enough on how air moves through a structure, particularly when thermal gradients are concerned.

Actually, ARP has become a bad habit of mine...one that I should ween myself off.

Thanks for your honest response.

As far as the Zim trial, Were talking a murder trial, the stakes are high, I believe it's fair to at least be able to consider Martins past. We will just have to disagree about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I think she went with the murder charge because the burden of proof is much higher, it will be easier for the defense to prove not guilty.
    What I said six months ago, or has it been a year by now. Glad it will finally be over.

As far as having smoked dope or not, I think I would want the jury to know. Let's see, when high on grass you are a) a little slow, b) easily distracted c) more mellow d) hungry e) all of the preceding.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Liberal courts have continually watered down prosecutorial methods to the point a crime committed live in front of a jury will soon be inadmissible for some reason. Certainly, his past documented behavior speaks to his demeanor and attitude. His toxicology would most certainly have bearing affecting his ability to think and respond rationally, not that being under the influence should be an escape from justice. A lot of people tend to do things while under the influence that they regret later when sober. If you make a poor choice and get killed while under the influence then perhaps your decision to use illegal drugs to get into an 'altered state' was not a good idea after all. His school records, YouTube videos, and police records all should be available to the jury. What's good for one should be good for the other.

The judicial system in this country is a perversion and bears no semblance of its original intent from the SCOTUS all the way down to local magistrates. They are all corrupt and have nothing to do with finding the truth but rather being a tool for what they perceive as 'social engineering' or correcting perceived social injustices. This trial should have a change of venue to Australia so the kangaroos can run it openly.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    What I said six months ago, or has it been a year by now. Glad it will finally be over.

As far as having smoked dope or not, I think I would want the jury to know. Let's see, when high on grass you are a) a little slow, b) easily distracted c) more mellow d) hungry e) all of the preceding.
    f) in general a little more whacked out with a certain loss of control and more of a threat to yourself and society at large.

Zimmerman wants to testify now. I think it's a smart move for him considering his loser defense lawyer.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...-murder-trial/

radar online stil going with the cute little innocent teenager Treyvon Martin picture.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Zimmerman wants to testify now. I think it's a smart move for him considering his loser defense lawyer.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...-murder-trial/

radar online stil going with the cute little innocent teenager Treyvon Martin picture.
    Yep... let that prevert get up there and sing like a canary. Probably will nail his own coffin shut.

What he should do is a plea bargain....... 6 years, never own another gun...... half of his earnings for the rest of his life to Leons family.

His brother is a homo.... his daddy has jewish roots...or his momma.......and his momma is south american....

He has a pretty twisted family tree...... I can see him getting the death sentence once he starts blabbing on the stand.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Yep... let that prevert get up there and sing like a canary. Probably will nail his own coffin shut.

What he should do is a plea bargain....... 6 years, never own another gun...... half of his earnings for the rest of his life to Leons family.

His brother is a homo.... his daddy has jewish roots...or his momma.......and his momma is south american....

He has a pretty twisted family tree...... I can see him getting the death sentence once he starts blabbing on the stand.
    corny do your meds help--or not?

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    In this country no one deserves to be shot for no reason.
    you mean like the 400+ kids shot in Chicago last year. Or the 500+ people shot in NYC last year.

How about all the innocent by-standers shot by gang bangers, are those the ones that don't deserve to be shot for no reason
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Man, the liberal media hates Zimmerman. Do you think the prosecution will play the race card?

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast