Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aaons Package units

These dam things seem to always cause bs service orders. They are connected to a service light panel for all who operate within the building to see. Alarms-Seen compressor failer in the mid to upper twenties, fan failure when the fan is still in operation, and blocked filter when the filters are still new. Anyone know of any correlation between the panel and the unit?
    The only decision in life is to decide what to do with the time given to you

did I mention they were junk?
    The only decision in life is to decide what to do with the time given to you

ya didn't need to ....

fortunately, thier nice 'n easy to work on

They really are a pleasure to work on, very nicely laid out for service work. I do very little bending and lifting on those babies well at least on the AK Models.

But carry lots of the same spare parts.

sounds like the airflow switch needs adjustment!

Anyone have the manual for a 40 ton RTU AAON ???

Wattmaster ..??

Quote Originally Posted by HVACJOEK View Post
    Anyone have the manual for a 40 ton RTU AAON ???
    Here are some pdf manuals. The RN series is 26-70 tons.
    http://www.climatec.com/nm/rtus.htm

Most of the Aaons I've had anything to do with have been new RTU and Split machines 50 tons and under. They seem to be well suited to 100% outside air applications with their high latent load capabilities, large recievers/condensers, and fans that are able to sustain high-ish statics with relatively minimal currents.

They are a dream to work on, too, if you were to ask me... I used to get them quite frequently, but lately, I can't seem to be able to keep myself away from 12 year old, hideously overcontrolled, SF driven Lennox Epic junkers.

I <3 Aaon

Aaon RTU's

Well as a general rule, the Aaon equipment I deal with is new and usually with standalone controls (Wattmaster) which honestly I would own one myself.

Just FYI I am not a saleman I am a Tech. If you have problems with safety trips on anytype of equipment there is a reason, whether it be a control or design issue.

sounds like your pressure switches need set up correctly, This should have been done with your factory start up.But maybe the building owner never recived a factory startup.

I had an Aaon that did the same thing, was a real puzzle. Someone switched the pressure switches tubing around, I guess as a joke. Also I love working on Aaon equipment, best RTU made IMO.

Aaon units are something else. I've worked on very little of their equipment. I don't know what the thing is called, is it Wattmaster? That sounds familiar. Anyways you can plug a service tool into the micro and diagnose your problem. Sorry, I can't recollect the name of this device, but it saved me (& the unit-from me) once.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast