+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charging by liquid/Best practice

Post Likes

Charging by liquid/Best practice

This forum has a wealth of knowledge, and I haven't even been allowed into the 'pro' section yet.

After an evacuation and charging by weight, is it OK to charge 85%-90% by liquid through the suction and liquid lines at the same time. Unit is not running. Wait till refrigerant settles down, then start unit and finish with vapor?

Somewhere here I read that it was hard on the compressor?

Post Likes
    Charge liquid on the liquid line, if it stops taking walk it in through the suction line just dont exceed 10psi while doing so...

Post Likes
    And dont forget to have your amp meter on that compressor while you walk liquid through the suction the compessor works harder just make sure it doesnt work to hard

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmelo View Post
    And dont forget to have your amp meter on that compressor while you walk liquid through the suction the compessor works harder just make sure it doesnt work to hard
    Sound like this is done with a running compressor.
    I would like to know if it is OK to charge thru the suction and liquid line at the same time when the compressor is NOT running.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timberlinemd View Post
    Sound like this is done with a running compressor.
    I would like to know if it is OK to charge thru the suction and liquid line at the same time when the compressor is NOT running.
    Generally I like to charge with liquid through the high side only when the compressor is off. The refrigerant will flash through the expansion device and fill the low side.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    Generally I like to charge with liquid through the high side only when the compressor is off. The refrigerant will flash through the expansion device and fill the low side.
    ^^^^^

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    Thanks!

Post Likes
    If you throw liquid in the low side with the compressor off, there is a possibility the compressor will start with a crank case full of liquid, and that can be a scary situation.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Post Likes
    Whoops... Read right over "the unit is not running" silly me.. Mike19 gave the best way as far as I know

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in