Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what meter do you use?

Ok food equipment guys, what multimeter does everyone like? Please respond with what all you work on also (HOT SIDE, REFRIGERATION, HVAC, OR ALL OF THE ABOVE).

Separate clamp amp from your volt meter? Or an all in one multimeter with clamp?

Ive been in a lot of service fields and used a lot of different meters based on the field/employer preferences, I'm just looking to poll you guys I guess.

Thanks!

UEI is gaining ground and becoming more respectful. Not alot they dont do

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati, Ohio
    I use a fluke 115, Fluke 902, and I use a fluke 52-2 with dual readers, with the 52-2, I use the 80pk-8 and 8opk-1 and 80pk-3. No bashing any other equipment but FLUKE I believe is top of line. To each his/her own.

I used a Fieldpiece Multimeter for over 10 years. Served me well. I use a Fluke now, also serving me well. I do HVAC A/C and Furnace repairs as well as installs.

I do Hot Side, and Commercial HVAC & Refrigeration. I have separate toolbags for hotside and hvacr.

For Hot Side I use a Fluke 116. I like the 116 because it has all the features I need including microamps for checking flame sensors on high efficiency frymaster fryers and other gas equipment. The 116 reads microamps the most accurate of any meter I've used. I also have a sperry clamp meter I bought at menards.

For HVAC/R I have a Fluke 87v, and another sperry clamp meter.

These are the two meters I use on all the foodservice equipment.

Name:  260513192418.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  83.6 KB

Field piece sh36 good all around meter I do residential/ lit commercial hvac

fluke 52 with 80pk-8, immersion probe,weighted flat top probe. fluke mm with amp clamp built in. forget model #. like both alot. also use the real fine tip probes. hot side/cold side

Funny that I started out with a long-gone Simpson 260. I'd like to get another for posterity's sake.

Like Mike19, a Fluke 116. I've worn the symbols off a fleet of Flukes that found a home in my CHICAGO CASE. A great all-in-one tool for cooking equipment AND for the same reasons that Mike19 stated. Amp clamp? No preference except that it should be digital and a backup for my multimeter in case something went awry with the Fluke. I have a UEI M75A analog as a basic VOM as another light-duty backup AND I can see things the needle does that a digital simply can't do. I'm kinda old-school anyway. I had a Fieldpiece gifted to me by my son that was great for almost everything. Very solid. Unfortunate it was limited to 200 degrees, so not good for cooking temp checks. Unfortunately again, I involuntarily left it as a souvenir on my visit for a customer. I'd get another if I needed another.

Fluke's credibility went SOUTH with me during calibration check of a fryer for troubleshooting purposes somewhere in BFE. So...my next trip to the the warehouse, I got an Atkins thermometer like McD's has (I did allota grill recerts). Already had the anvil probe for griddles anyway. To be sure, I got the oven and the immersion probes to go with it. Although it's not a multimeter, I have the utmost confidence in it.

Oh...I did cooking with all that. For refrigeration, I still have a Cooper SH66A with air and clamp-on probes. But you weren't asking about NON-multimeter equipment.

If I were still doing refrigeration, I'd definitely need to upgrade...

Field Piece SC-66 Love It

Fieldpiece hs36 i do it all and its the meter i use everyday

Fieldpiece SC77. Resi/comm service.

Fluke 116 and a Fluke 322. I do commercial Hvac, refrigeration, and controls. I do have a Flike 87 that I don't use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast