Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trane Connecticut

Hey guys, hows it going?

If anybody works for Trane in Connecticut, or just Trane in general, how do you like it? In May i went to a Trane supply house and they told me they were hiring apprentices but i told them im working for another company and im still pretty new there (3 months). Today i called up the same guy i spoke to back in May and asked him if that apprenticeship offer is still on the table and it pretty much is from what he said. All i gotta do is send a resume in and hell give it to the service manager... but what i want to know is... if i do get the job with Trane in CT where would i work? What would I be doing? Also if the future calls for a move and if im still with Trane, could i move to a Trane in a different state... say Georgia?

All info will be helpful. Thank you

Michael

Some Trane branches union shops, so transferring could get tricky.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Really? Well then...

Currently i work in a non union and im not sure if Trane in CT is. If it is, youre right... im in school at the moment as well so I wonder how will that come into play

I worked for trane for 4 years, it all depends on your skill set. Some guys at trane work on RTUs, AHUs, Fan Coils, exc. other guys like myself work on only chillers.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Yea I'm in RI and trane is a union only shop here also the same in Boston but your rite the CT branch is non-union.

Idk where you stand with schooling and training but Local 777 out of Meriden CT how's a really good apprentice program.

Oh it is? It shouldnt be a problem then. When i saw the job listings in other states for the same job (hvac field apprentice) it asks for either 1-2 years in the field (i have that) or a tech school cert (will have that come July 2015) or a combo of both field and school experience (which is what i currently have). How long did it take for Trane to get back to you? I had sent my resume through the Trane Supply and parts store employee who said hed send it to his service manager

I'm union so the hiring process is a little different.

Could there be by any chance some similarity? How did the hiring process for you go?

Did you try the Trane carrears website. A lot of the OEM's have there application process online. I wouldn't trust the guy at the supply house to hand your resume to the service manager.
    Chaos equals cash$$$

I did. They have an opening in Georgia which is where id like to live in the future but theyre not doing any relocation support. Anyway, i checked back in May and they didnt have an opening even though the next time i went to the parts and supply they said they hired 3 apprentices. That could very well be just talk but hey this would be a great opportunity for me

What Trane supply house do you go to? I would also try to get a job with New England mechanical. Commercial industrial shop with lots of work. As mentioned already try speaking with the local union hall and see when they are taking apprentice applications.
    Chaos equals cash$$$

Stamford. I'll look in to it but that's a last resort option. The local 777 has already notified me because I asked way back when I was first getting into the trade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast