Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Honeywell and HVAC service work?

haven't heard much about them or even seen the same 2 trucks around the city...anybody know of what there work base is ??hvac contracts,strictly control work...seems very low profile compared to the early 80s especially with there product line of motors and controls all over the place...thanks for any feed back
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Hello
    i been with honeywell for the past 6 years working in the chicago land area.
    honeywell has a controls side and a HVAC side.thecontrols guys work on ddc,fire,security.the HVACside does all MECH work.we have about ten service fitters at our branch.i can tell you honeywell is a good shop to work for very layed back and lots of work. hope i answeres some of your questions.
    hay maxster how are thing in downtown new york treating you?

just like Chi town except we have better looking females and better pizza ..it's all in a days workthanks on the Honeywell insight do you guys do hi-rise chillers winter maint.and teardowns that they do the DDC contract on?

hay maxster
    iwill agree new yorks pizza are real good and easy to eat.the girls are good looking here and in new york.i visted new york 2 years ago and wanted to stay.honeywell does alot of chiller repairs and rebuilds.i have alot of high rise condos i take care of.also alot of data center stuff.
    are you with a big company in new york?

had 10 yrs with Trane in the city York before JCI takeover and working for a mid range shop just cruisin' but honeywell came up just wondering...as long as you do hands on service and not a ton of control work you work on VAV systems soup to nuts chillers,AHUs,VAV boxes if it comes around

are you and the control guys in the IBEW locals

hello maxster
    im the the HVAC service side of honeywell and were all pipefitters union.
    the control guys are non union.i think its werid that they do that,but its honeywell for for ya.maxster i tell you if i didnt have it good here in chicago i would move to new york in a heart beat.

I work for them, UA guy here. Not a bad thing to say. Sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    soup to nuts
    That would be an understatement.

I used to work for JCI and would love to bring my customers to Honeywell if I found just make the right contact here in chicago!

IMAX,
    Are you working for a contractor at this present time?

After Jci went over to construction co. and ran service/start -up dept for about a year until the work dried up. That ended in february and I just recently returned to Chicago from the east coast as I had a family medical issue that required my attention for the past six months.

was just contacted by someone from honeywell today out of philly, keeping my fingers crossed. sick of interviewing for Jamoke Air Inc type companies, this sounds like a place i'd like to work!!!!
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast