Post Likes

Thanksgiving Dressing

My mom got this recipe from an old Italian chef who lived across the street in Cincinnati, and my mom passed it onto me. It is really good! This is a tried & true recipe that never grows old. It is great with the turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy.

Thanksgiving Dressing

Ingredients

• 1 loaf of bread
    • 1 pkg Kraft Stove Top Chicken stuffing mix
    • 3 or 4 ribs of celery
    • 2 medium onions chopped pretty fine
    • 1 lb of sausage (mild or hot according to taste)
    • 32-oz of chicken broth
    • Poultry seasoning
    • Slight amount of cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions

Let the bread dry for a couple of days. Open both ends and pull some out a bit from each side. Turn occasionally. It wont be all dry. Put a sheet of wax paper over the bread to keep it from getting any dust. Then, break bread up into pieces, and then stir in the package of Kraft Stove Top chicken stuffing mix.

Sauté onions and celery in butter until soft, but do not brown. Stir into the bread mix. Fry sausage breaking up as finely as possible while frying. Add sausage. Add chicken broth and stir in until bread is good and moist. Sprinkle some poultry seasoning into the mix and stir, but don’t add too much.

In a 9X13 pan butter the sides and bottom or spray Pam. Put mix into the pan and spread mix out evenly in the pan. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. It should be brown on top when done, but do not overly brown.

2. Likes Imajoker liked this post
    Post Likes
    thanks for sharing

Post Likes
    Bake at 350.

Post Likes
    Maybe use a little bit less than 32-oz of chicken broth. You don't quite need all 32 ounces.

Amended recipe:

Thanksgiving Dressing

Ingredients

• 1 loaf of bread
    • 1 pkg Kraft Stove Top Chicken stuffing mix
    • 3 or 4 ribs of celery
    • 2 medium onions chopped pretty fine
    • 1 lb of sausage (mild or hot according to taste)
    • 32-oz of chicken broth (use a little bit less)
    • Poultry seasoning
    • Slight amount of cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions

Let the bread dry for a couple of days. Open both ends and pull some out a bit from each side. Turn occasionally. It wont be all dry. Put a sheet of wax paper over the bread to keep it from getting any dust. Then, break bread up into pieces, and then stir in the package of Kraft Stove Top chicken stuffing mix.

Sauté onions and celery in butter until soft, but do not brown. Stir into the bread mix. Fry sausage breaking up as finely as possible while frying. Add sausage. Add chicken broth and stir in until bread is good and moist. Sprinkle some poultry seasoning into the mix and stir, but don’t add too much.

In a 9X13 pan butter the sides and bottom or spray Pam. Put mix into the pan and spread mix out evenly in the pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour. It should be brown on top when done, but do not overly brown.

Post Likes
    I do believe I will try this for Christmas dinner! Thanks for sharing.