Dry aged beef cooler?

Do any of you have any info on setting up the humidity - temps for aging beef/venison correctly. I want to make a used reach-in cooler specifically for this.
    Personal use only.

So, what did the fellow do that your gonna store in there?

Here's a past thread on the subject:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=97734

The link that I posted in there is probably what you're looking for.

Should your system dry out the air to much, build a 3/16" dam with silicone around the evap drain hole. This will help some of the condensate to re-evaporate into the air.

Thank you that post had the answers i was looking for.

Dry Age Beef Cooler

Hey Guys I am setting up a new Dry age box in my Butcher shop and I am looking for any info on controlls and settings for my ref mechanic any suggestions???

Comercial Dry Age Beef Cooler

Any info on humidity settings and controls ??

I have a couple on the go lately, they are working pretty good, under 40F and 60-80% RX gravity coils with misting humidifiers, the beef is gettin all fuzzy and stuff!! haha
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Quote Originally Posted by MikeySq View Post
    I have a couple on the go lately, they are working pretty good, under 40F and 60-80% RX gravity coils with misting humidifiers, the beef is gettin all fuzzy and stuff!! haha
    That reminds me of the story my mother told me about my great-grandfather's aged beef. In the fall when it got cool, he'd hang a side of beef in the barn and let it age. This was a small dairy farm, so the "girls" kept the place just above freezing even in the dead of winter in New England.

When he wanted some, he'd scrape or take a thin slice off to clear the mold and take off what he needed.

I wish I had been there for supper!

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Here's a past thread on the subject:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=97734

The link that I posted in there is probably what you're looking for.

I read the link aswell it is very useful, Thanks. I have a customer with a 12x12 box that gave me specs of 55 deg. and RH 60. According to the link it should be 36-38 and 60-80 Rh. According to them when they first put in an estimated amount of a 100lbs of beef the walk in humidity when up to about 90 so they had to put a small dehumidifier which helped. The walk in has (2) four fan coils. I tried adjusting the TD to help control, but i need assistance to have better control as product load changes. Thanks in advance