HVAC-Tal Our Pros Contractor Locator listing?

I have several questions regarding the listing and hopefully someone can answer them as I am about to embark upon the research of upgrading my heating/AC system.

Are the companies listed affiliated with this site, members of this site or do they have members (i.e. employees) on this site?

How does a company get listed on the HVAC-Talk Our Pros Contractor Locator listing?

Are these companies vetted? If yes, how?

Why should I hire a company from the HVAC-Talk Our Pros Contractor Locator listing?

How can I find a forum member (in my area) whose company is listed on the HVAC-Talk Our Pros Contractor Locator listing, so that I can talk to them on this forum?

Thanks...Al

The vetting is that they are pro members and they have proven they in some way are affiliated with the industry, most technicians that either own or work for an hvac company. Once you find one on the locator use the search engine on this site to look at their posts to guage how well they know their craft.

Quote Originally Posted by methodical View Post
    I have several questions regarding the listing and hopefully someone can answer them as I am about to embark upon the research of upgrading my heating/AC system.

Are the companies listed affiliated with this site, members of this site or do they have members (i.e. employees) on this site?

Either the owner or an employee is a Pro member in good standing of this site. But the site is not an overseer or partner of those contractors.

How does a company get listed on the HVAC-Talk Our Pros Contractor Locator listing?

They must apply, and then be approved by a committee.

Are these companies vetted? If yes, how?

Their work is not inspected to get listed. If you read post by Pro members here. Should should notice that pretty much everyone is trying to be a step or 2 above average.

Why should I hire a company from the HVAC-Talk Our Pros Contractor Locator listing?

They take their valubla personel time to aid people here. they come here to learn more, they help teach others to do better.

How can I find a forum member (in my area) whose company is listed on the HVAC-Talk Our Pros Contractor Locator listing, so that I can talk to them on this forum?

Thanks...Al
    Contractors listed on the contractor map, are not referenced by their user names in any way. So their is no search that you can do. Other then ask the contractor you call what his user name is. They may or may not give it. Some prefer to remain anonymize.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Ok and thanks for the info.

Al