Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by THEone2223 View Post
    Duct board is not very professional Hey sheet-metal transition and a sheet-metal returned with look way more professional I have the same problem with people wanting to work with me due to the fact that I critique so much
    You must not realize that he is from Florida. That is what most of the homes have down there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Is there a code that requires it or do they do that so it is faster when they have to redo it after the hurricanes every year

when someone going clean coil you making it hard.. after torch copper line back in

Quote Originally Posted by jxw9634 View Post
    when someone going clean coil you making it hard.. after torch copper line back in
    What are you talking about? You need to use proper grammar when typing. Is this how you actually talk?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    What are you talking about? You need to use proper grammar when typing. Is this how you actually talk?

Yea wondering what he meant too...

I actually had to go back to the job because the units are sweating profusely ....the nice wood platforms are already showing some mildew.

They set one unit to 69 at night and combined with the 77% RH in the garage @ 74 dew point I recommended a small portable dehum blowing the air over the units. I see no other way to stop it without conditioning the garage air some with the dehum.

Ok. One thing I noticed left air hander is too tight. When someone going to pull evap out and clean it. That area is too small to joint back in as torch a copper pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by jxw9634 View Post
    Ok. One thing I noticed left air hander is too tight. When someone going to pull evap out and clean it. That area is too small to joint back in as torch a copper pipe.
    I don't see what the complaint is. The evap went in fine it will come out fine. Could you please post some of your work so we can see your clearances. Also if it is installed correctly with a sealed return and regular filter changes it will never have to be removed for cleaning.

The only real issue I have with the installation is the lack of service clearance for the outdoor unit on the right.
    It would have been extremely easy to install it so there was proper clearance...

That dryer vent is against code I don't know where your located but that won't fly in Oklahoma
    It is an equipment replacement in an existing structure, not new construction.
    There are a few things about both outdoor unit installations that don't meet the letter of the code, but other than one service clearance issue, it looks like they did the best they could with the space available.
    There just isn't enough space between the drier vent and the electric service to install 2 units in a fully code compliant manner.
    On changeouts, you sometimes have to just polish the turd.

Duct board is not very professional Hey sheet-metal transition and a sheet-metal returned with look way more professional
    So you would have transitioned between the air handlers and the existing duct board with metal?
    What would be gained from it?
    How would it be more "professional"?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I actually stopped my dad and made him rework the pad .....yes he had them even closer. As with most pics there is actually more room than it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    The only real issue I have with the installation is the lack of service clearance for the outdoor unit on the right.
    It would have been extremely easy to install it so there was proper clearance...

There are a few things about both outdoor unit installations that don't meet the letter of the code, but other than one service clearance issue, it looks like they did the best they could with the space available.
    There just isn't enough space between the drier vent and the electric service to install 2 units in a fully code compliant manner.

Even change outs have to meet code

So you would have transitioned between the air handlers and the existing duct board with metal?
    What would be gained from it?
    How would it be more "professional"?
    Did not know it was a change out and I would have replaced the duct bored with metal

Please post up some pics of your metal skills. We would all like to see them.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Change outs still have meet code we have horrible code inspectors here so people get away with doing installs and change out in correctly all the time when you do change outs that's something contractors need to consider when biding a change out sometimes they don't allow them selves enough to correct the problems or they don't care around here they don't care about anything but the all mighty dollar

Please post up some pics of your metal skills. We would all like to see them.

Next time I pan some thing in I will we insulate everything from the out side we don't put any fiberglass within the duct system except what is in side the unit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast