In 3 years of war

2700 American soldiers have been killed. In the same 3 years 20,000 teenagers were killed in car wrecks. This is what the local news used to draw attention to a GPS teen tracker. They also stated that 514,000 teens were injured in wrecks in 2005. The idea seems cool, you install it in the car and can set it to what speed it will call to notify you that your kid is speeding you can even look to see the location of the car on your computer. Put one of these babies in and you will be guaranteed not to have too many miles on the car, since your kid will now ride with their friends instead. Yep that sure sounds like a good way to keep your kid safe doesn't it?

Here is their website http://www.alltrackusa.com/
    Last edited by hvactech13; 03-03-2007 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added website
    I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

I will defend, to your death, my right to my opinion.

It's a great idea. Some insurance companies are giving discounts for customers who use them. It's bound to help.

Implant the chip... one time deal and it doesn't matter if they go with their friends or not.....

Big brother is here to protect.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

No need for an implanted chip or sarcasm.
    The site explains how GPS can help curb teenage tragedy.
    It saves lives.

Aren't bleeding hearts supposed to be compassionate??

I don't bleed....... well, only when I cut myself.....

Closed-loop system.. let's keep it that way..
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Most folks probably cant afford the system.... and the parents would be better off raising their kids right and educating them on the consequences of drinking and driving and riding in a car with a person who has been drinking.

While I will agree that speeding teens probably do end up killing themselves and their pals ...its the drunk driving teens...and adults...that probably kill many times more folks.

corny;1396310]Most folks probably cant afford the system.... and the parents would be better off raising their kids right and educating them on the consequences of drinking and driving and riding in a car with a person who has been drinking.
    Maybe you don't raise teenagers. Let me brief you.
    You can impart a ton of information to your kids, you can give them great advice and you can be a model parent....but these teenagers still make decisions that get them and others in trouble, hurt or killed.
    Any type of prevention that monitors their activity and gives their parents options is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Most folks probably cant afford the system.... and the parents would be better off raising their kids right and educating them on the consequences of drinking and driving and riding in a car with a person who has been drinking.

While I will agree that speeding teens probably do end up killing themselves and their pals ...its the drunk driving teens...and adults...that probably kill many times more folks.
    They said the system costs under $500. A few less cartons of cigs. and skip a couple of trips to the bar and most should be able to afford it.
    I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

I will defend, to your death, my right to my opinion.