In defense of a Nation, a well written oratory

except of the overly aggressive religious slant this is a well written piece.

http://www.indefenseofanation.com/idoan_002.htm

Perhaps we should get up the gumption to manage our own employees, or perhaps we should just fire them all. While it may seem inconceivable that a nation of 300 million cannot replace the 535 who stand convicted by the present facts of incompetence and irresponsibility, consider this truth: The weakling of tyranny is always empowered to oppress when strong men betray the source of their strength; the Lord God. Look no further than Sampson and Delilah for a Biblical example, and no further than Abraham Lincoln for a contemporary confirmation of this truth. In his own words, “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
    emphasis added

It’s high time for change we can believe in, and it begins with our own spiritual reckoning followed by a housecleaning in Washington, DC. Anything less is akin to riding a dead horse, and wisdom dictates that at some point we should dismount.

I'll drink to that
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Problem is too many "getting" from the Feds are voting them back in....
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Due to a liberal educational system that has failed to educate our children few here in ARP who read this quote have any idea of what the quote means or how important it is. Therefore, there are so few comments in this thread.

Hugh

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Due to a liberal educational system that has failed to educate our children few here in ARP who read this quote have any idea of what the quote means or how important it is. Therefore, there are so few comments in this thread.

Hugh
    I would say the lack of comments is due more to the fact that this oratory is nothing more than the same worn-out tripe promoted by the serially disgruntled that has been around since man organized into societies.

In terms of oratory it has all the import, style, and orignality of "Damn kids, get off my lawn."

I prefer the 'Hey you kids, get out of the jello tree".
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Problem is too many "getting" from the Feds are voting them back in....
    Uh... everyone gets from the feds..... poor folks..working class...rich folks....

Problem is everyone votes for whoever they think is going to slide the most their own way instead of looking at the country as a whole.

I know its easy to fall for the obama phone and the illegals are voting and all the other claptrap out there... but the truth is that most poor white trash and most hood folks dont vote....

Sure... they turned out for Obama.... but after he is gone and there isnt another black alternative to vote for....it will be back to non voting for most of the poor inner city black folks.

Of course... it doesnt matter now as everyone is going to be courting the hispanic vote... Rand Paul, Rubio, even old Ted Cruz are going to be offering hispanics this nations head on a plate in 2016.

Whitey and blackie will be left out because politicians know that even if they shove the bat our behinds.... that we will still fall in line and vote for the party we have always voted for.

Cause we are sheep.

And of course because we are stupid and fall for clever slogans and such that people think up to get us all behind a simple 5-6 words....

But the truth is unless we all look at the big picture......and thats never going to happen..... America will continue to rip itself apart. From the inside.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

"No King but Jesus" wasnt a rallying cry in the rev war either.....

It was more like "We want all the money for ourselves"
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I vote for arnie, the governator
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|