Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    There are americans at that plant where the chinese build those floor decks and such.....and those americans have a say so in whether or not the materials or manufactured goods meet specs.

One thing about all that cheap chinese junk that floods this country..... its built to the specifications of the american companies that are having it built or manufactured to sell here.

Its like when you guys blame the government for sending jobs overseas...... when there are plenty of foreign owned companies coming here to build plants and there are plenty of good old made in the USA companies that have stayed here and are still making their stuff in the good old USA....

Those companies that you claim are run out of america by government taxes and regulations are in reality just more interested than squeezing every last cent out of their product than they are in making a decent profit with american labor.

When you buying your new ipad or iphone you are putting money into the pockets of people who couldnt care less if you lose your job or house.....cause they know america is full of people who will let their kids starve in order to be able to purchase their chinese made product.

American welds failing..... american concrete failing......american bolts failing....... american inspectors covering up american failures......

yet its the fault of the china man.

I understand your thinking.... However, can't agree with it.

If the American public would educate itself (tall order I know) and NOT buy that overseas poser crap, then it would make North American goods, not necessarily American goods, gain some appeal, thus putting the country back on the right path.

We as a people missed an opportunity IMHO with the factory falling down into a pile of death and rubble in Bangladesh.

The crap is NOT cheaper, that is what needs to be beaten into the small unused craniums of the younger generation.

The fact that the failed bridge was built in the mid '50's speaks volumes to me that the term "they don't build them like that anymore" is never more profound than today.

To blame the issue on the bridge is ridiculous, blame it on what it is. An accident. The driver was 100% at fault, there is still the potential that there was some embellishment on the part of the permitting process, yet to be proven or dis-proven.

Had we built the Bay Bridge with American components, by Americans, the value of the bridge would be higher. I don't care if most of the workers in China were American. It's all smoke an mirrors folks.

How many people consider their US built Toyota or Honda an American car? In truth, it is not...... Never has been, never will be. If we don't start investing in ourselves and stop investing in other countries that would rather see us burst into flames, then we have a snowballs chance in Death Valley in July.

It sickens me to the core that society thinks it is OK to utilize slave labor while destroying the environment, but hey!, as long as it's not happening here.... Wake up, it's the same planet.

And it is the fault of the China man if you want to get cheeky, the overseas market has a DIRECT influence on the wholesale and retail markets here. How can Billy Bob's machine and foundry compete with someone in a third world country where materials are subsidized by us and the labor pool is both endless and without any legal representation at all? You can't.

I'm done.

Try not to strike any bridges...
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    I understand your thinking.... However, can't agree with it.

If the American public would educate itself (tall order I know) and NOT buy that overseas poser crap, then it would make North American goods, not necessarily American goods, gain some appeal, thus putting the country back on the right path.

We as a people missed an opportunity IMHO with the factory falling down into a pile of death and rubble in Bangladesh.

The crap is NOT cheaper, that is what needs to be beaten into the small unused craniums of the younger generation.

The fact that the failed bridge was built in the mid '50's speaks volumes to me that the term "they don't build them like that anymore" is never more profound than today.

To blame the issue on the bridge is ridiculous, blame it on what it is. An accident. The driver was 100% at fault, there is still the potential that there was some embellishment on the part of the permitting process, yet to be proven or dis-proven.

Had we built the Bay Bridge with American components, by Americans, the value of the bridge would be higher. I don't care if most of the workers in China were American. It's all smoke an mirrors folks.

How many people consider their US built Toyota or Honda an American car? In truth, it is not...... Never has been, never will be. If we don't start investing in ourselves and stop investing in other countries that would rather see us burst into flames, then we have a snowballs chance in Death Valley in July.

It sickens me to the core that society thinks it is OK to utilize slave labor while destroying the environment, but hey!, as long as it's not happening here.... Wake up, it's the same planet.

And it is the fault of the China man if you want to get cheeky, the overseas market has a DIRECT influence on the wholesale and retail markets here. How can Billy Bob's machine and foundry compete with someone in a third world country where materials are subsidized by us and the labor pool is both endless and without any legal representation at all? You can't.

I'm done.

Try not to strike any bridges...
    Not the driver's job to get out of his truck with a tape measure to see if the bridge is high enough. When have you ever seen that happen before? It is his job to not hit things on either side of him or his load. It is the job of his company and the local officials to figure out the right route for him to drive. The man is a professional and regularly moves big loads, in fact that is the specialty of the company. Someone screwed up, either at the company or the local authorities. Don't know why you want to blame a poor guy just trying to make a living, maybe because it is easy? It is a shame, because some of what you say makes it seem like you half half a brain,
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

It is his job to know the height of his trailer and truck.... But the bridge height should be clearly marked too.... with enough clear distance for an oversized vehicle to stop.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    It is his job to know the height of his trailer and truck.... But the bridge height should be clearly marked too.... with enough clear distance for an oversized vehicle to stop.
    True. Read that the bridge was not marked.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12