Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quality is #1 priority

First sorry for the poor quality photo but I came across this one a few days ago. Too much wrong to even list
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My previous employer services a restaurant with a unit like that. 5 ton unit, all 12" flex, has about 15 supplies and 1 return.

I think that has the one I found beat!
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....about-this-one

The gas stop used to couple the 2 flex connectors is a nice touch on the one you found.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    My previous employer services a restaurant with a unit like that. 5 ton unit, all 12" flex, has about 15 supplies and 1 return.
    I'm thinking bad duct job is down the list of problems with the system pictured.
    There are "could burn the house down" issues that are more pressing, like the furnace on its back, and the flex lines coupled together, and pulled tight against the edge of where it enters the cabinet.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I'm thinking bad duct job is down the list of problems with the system pictured.
    There are "could burn the house down" issues that are more pressing, like the furnace on its back, and the flex lines coupled together, and pulled tight against the edge of where it enters the cabinet.
    I was looking at this picture on this little screen and I didn't even notice. I took a second look at the gas and electric and holy sh**. The vent looks a little iffy too.

I was looking at this picture on this little screen and I didn't even notice. I took a second look at the gas and electric and holy sh**. The vent looks a little iffy too.
    The whole furnace laying on its back thing is more than a little iffy!

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    The whole furnace laying on its back thing is more than a little iffy!
    Fine, not a little iffy, a Death Trap.

The thing looks like its been in there a while, I'm sure the homeowner will say something like "its worked fine for all these years, how can there be anything wrong???"

People that own and install systems like this that have somehow worked for years are just very lucky. There is absolutely no way my luck would allow me to leave something like that without going up in a ball of flames before I got out of the neighborhood.
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

Quote Originally Posted by Rcb2875 View Post
    People that own and install systems like this that have somehow worked for years are just very lucky. There is absolutely no way my luck would allow me to leave something like that without going up in a ball of flames before I got out of the neighborhood.
    Yes, often the universe is forgiving of the ignorant and stupid when they do ignorant or stupid things, but immediately punishes those who know better...

I see glued but unprimered, or entirely unglued drain line connections in attics all the time, that have been like that for years, even decades, but I have no doubt whatsoever that if I ever put together a drain in an attic without properly primering and gluing every fitting, I'd be paying for a ceiling within a week.

I want to know if you serviced it or walked away??

Fine, not a little iffy, a Death Trap.

The thing looks like its been in there a while, I'm sure the homeowner will say something like "its worked fine for all these years, how can there be anything wrong???"
    Then the house burns down the next day, God forbid.

My head started to hurt when I saw this. This guy needs to be beaten with every ACCA manual, Nate study guide, RSES magazine and Modern Refrigeration book ever written.

Quote Originally Posted by rglasgow View Post
    I want to know if you serviced it or walked away??
    I refused to service it and sent salesman out to bid replacement.

I have to start taking pictures. It is truly scary how many people are doing work like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast