Copper pipe from Heat pump

I have a duel Fuel system - Heat pump and oil furnace - when the heat pump is on in the winter - how hot is the copper pipe supposed to be - most of the time it is just warm - but once it was to hot to touch - and that was when the heat pump was cutting off and the oil furnace was running for back- up - any help would be great -

Thnak you

There is no set temp. that we are looking for on the lineset of a heat pump. With a change in inside temp, outside temp, air flow, etc. the temp of the line set will vary.
    Poor planning on your part doesn’t necessarily constitute an emergency on my part.

The furnace was running that is why the copper that was coming out of the furnace was hot.. no biggie.

copper line

the copper line is comming from the heat pump - not from the furnace - is that supposed to be that hot so i cannot touch it - it was only hot that one time when the furnace was on and the heat pump was going off - i think the aux heat was comming on - it is usually just warm - i just dont want an expensive repair for the heat pump - Is it oil that goes through the line to the heat pump?

No, the oil does not circulate through those lines, at least not the oil for the furnace. You really should have a local company come out and take a look cause they can see and hear things that we just can not from a key board. I'd really hate to give you advice and it end up costing you that expensive repair you mention because I really can not understand what exactly is going on from your posts.

Bobby