+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on replacing condenser fan motor?

Post Likes

Question on replacing condenser fan motor?

MY AC unit died about 2 year ago, creating a buzzing sound but the fan is not spinning. I tried to replace the capacitor and it didn't help. Then I purchased another condenser fan motor and replace it, the unit has been working for the past two years.

Recently, my ac is not blowing cold air again with similar problem. I'm trying to fix this again but found out the motor has doubled in price. However, I'm able to find other cheaper motor with same hp, voltage and rpm. My question is can I buy the cheaper motor with the same spec? Is there something else other than those 3 I should worry about? Is the screw on there all standard?

my current motor:
    http://www.northamericahvac.com/serv...Emerson/Detail

motoring i'm thinking of buying:
    http://www.amazon.com/EMERSON-K55HXR.../dp/B00CKX1OWS

all emerson made, all 1/3 HP 208-230V 1075 RPM, different part number though.

Another side question is that it's it's seems odd to me my last motor only lasted two years, is there something else I should check so this doesn't help again?

Thank you all for your help

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Old motor > no air vent louvres.
    New motor + louvres = not designed to get wet?

I wouldn't...

+ there may be other details you're not recognizing.

You may have other issues. I recommend calling a HVAC company for your repairs.

Post Likes
    Your specs seem ok but you need to know other things, Frame size would be one,bearing type would be another detail. If you really want to do it yourself you should at least use the OEM motor. In doing this you take out these issues, the engineers have already determined the correct specs. Plus you might not have to ever do it AGAIN

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in