+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robertshaw will stop making Mercury Safeties....

Post Likes

Robertshaw will stop making Mercury Safeties....

Robertshaw will stop making Mercury Safeties at the end of 2007. This will include all FMDA (my 4020 series) and FMEA (my 4030 series). The forced obsolescence will affect the new equipment of Blodgett, SouthBend, Bakers Pride and Vulcan as they are the only OEM's still using the mercury safety on new production.

Manufacturing of the FSS & FSD's (my 4070 series) which are mercury filled flame switches will stop at the same time. This has upset many OEM's who are still using on thier assembly lines. The list would include American Range, Toastmaster, Keating, Wolf, Lang, Garland, Duke, Imperial, SouthBend, Tri-Star, Rankin, and of course Blodgett.

Expect to see considerable price increase around July. I plan to order enough to cover the last time buys of CCC, ICS, and FMP as well as for me (Uni-Line) to have available as long as needed for the aftermarket.
    Invensys Robertshaw Ranco RAM Fenwal Eliwell & some Paragon

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Robertshaw will stop making Mercury Safeties at the end of 2007. This will include all FMDA (my 4020 series) and FMEA (my 4030 series). The forced obsolescence will affect the new equipment of Blodgett, SouthBend, Bakers Pride and Vulcan as they are the only OEM's still using the mercury safety on new production.

Manufacturing of the FSS & FSD's (my 4070 series) which are mercury filled flame switches will stop at the same time. This has upset many OEM's who are still using on thier assembly lines. The list would include American Range, Toastmaster, Keating, Wolf, Lang, Garland, Duke, Imperial, SouthBend, Tri-Star, Rankin, and of course Blodgett.

Expect to see considerable price increase around July. I plan to order enough to cover the last time buys of CCC, ICS, and FMP as well as for me (Uni-Line) to have available as long as needed for the aftermarket.
    Won't the ccc's, ect. have some company in mexico make replacements? Thats their nitch isn't it?
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ndfrozen View Post
    Won't the ccc's, ect. have some company in mexico make replacements? Thats their nitch isn't it?
    Not sure if that is a possibility. The diastats used by one of the potential suppliers over the border purchased them from Invensys. Same story for a well known rebuilder of obsolete controls.

I visit CCC several times a year and do not expect them (or ICS) to run out of these key items for a long time to come.

Post Likes

Texas Remanufacturer still making mercury safeties

Repco Replacement Parts Inc of Texas is still making mercury safeties and mercury flame switches. We use recycled mercury as well as recycled metals, doing our bit for the environment.

Our diastats and flame switches are newly made from scratch to the exacting specifications of the original equipment manufacturers.

Check out our website, www.eRepco.com, if you are interested.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Repco View Post
    Repco Replacement Parts Inc of Texas is still making mercury safeties and mercury flame switches. We use recycled mercury as well as recycled metals, doing our bit for the environment.

Our diastats and flame switches are newly made from scratch to the exacting specifications of the original equipment manufacturers.

Check out our website, www.eRepco.com, if you are interested.
    are you going to make the oven pilot Assemblies also, I just ran into a case on an 1983 south bend range where I needed the oven pilot ass'y and could not get it anywhere. obsoleted by the mfg.. the customer has 4 of these these units and he is crying as units are almost like new, he has been very good at keeping them up.
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?

Post Likes
    We do. Repco Replacement Parts makes many controls no longer made by Southbend. In fact, usually Southbend will refer folks to us for the 1161740 pilot safety valve. Our stock number is S2000-010, and it sells to those in the business for $27.00, with a $2.50 core charge.

Post Likes
    I've been sending people over to REPCO for many years. It's good to know there is a place that can help when a control is obsolete. You can always count on REPCO.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in