Refrigerant piping fittings

Refrigerant piping in many application is connected by brazing and soldering ... i need to use coupling instead of it, is it applicable for HVAC applications or not ?!
    if yes anyone know some supplier for HVAC piping coupling ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed Nofal View Post
    Refrigerant piping in many application is connected by brazing and soldering ... i need to use coupling instead of it, is it applicable for HVAC applications or not ?!
    if yes anyone know some supplier for HVAC piping coupling ?
    Sure, use a 45 degree flare coupling, they come in sizes generally up to 3/4 o.d. and I'm sure there are larger AN sizes.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Mohammad, it seems that your English isn't coming out very clear, because it's difficult to understand exactly what you are asking about.

I am going to fill you in on a little secret. Copper tubing used in refrigeration and plumbing is, for the most part, the same thing. Copper fittings made for refrigeration will fit on pipe made for carrying water, and the other way around. The main difference is how the size is listed for them.

Plumbing pipe is listed as "nominal" size, or close to what the inside diameter measurement of the pipe is, while refrigeration pipe uses the outside diameter measurement of the pipe. A standard 3/4 inch soldered coupling for general plumbing, is the same as a 7/8 inch coupling made for refrigeration. There are different grades of copper, but the fittings are interchangeable between them. Refrigeration piping that is listed as "ACR" piping, is the same grade as "type L" copper, only it has been cleaned and comes with a dry nitrogen charge in it. Also, in refrigeration you will want to use long radius elbows, while in plumbing you usually use short radius elbows.

If you are wondering about flare fittings, usually they are always measured in outside diameter, for both plumbing and refrigeration.

This is how it works in the United States of America, where I am from. I don't know if it is the same in Jordan, or not. Good luck.

Are you asking about non brazing fittings? Such as compression fittings?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    Are you asking about non brazing fittings? Such as compression fittings?
    yes i need alternative method of connection rather than Brazing