Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Goodman Alluminum Coil and a TXV

Internal TXV mod on a service coil for air handler.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

good leak waiting to happen

And this is why the panels are being pushed out after you install coil from factory.

Notice the clearance after ive redone the feeder tubes

Looks nice, Ive never cared for external TXVs almost like it was an after thought. If goodman went to aluminum coils sooner I might still be installing some of them.

Ill snap a pic of before and after its installed.

If you ask me I think Goodman is Junk..... If you were to Tig weld the joints it would be one hell of a coil. Epoxy just doesn't do it !!!

Yea I'm careful with the heat but most guys don't.

Nice Job, ...... But Goodman still has their problems and the X-13 motor is by far the worst motor engineers ever came out with, but you have to admit nothing is worse than Nordyne, like their Nutone line !!! every 7 units out of 10 develop leaks... I mean Come on get a grip Nordyne!!

what goodman model has the x13 motor?

Ya we got burnt a good many times on their indoor coils and more than likely will for a few more years.

Have only heard of a two alum indoor coils leaking one was damaged at install and the other one they said it look like it was intentional.

Goodman hasn't used the Genteq X13 for a while - they've used the Emerson version, but now I think they're going to some off-brand line made by Broad-Ocean.
    WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by bob Juliano View Post
    If you ask me I think Goodman is Junk..... If you were to Tig weld the joints it would be one hell of a coil. Epoxy just doesn't do it !!!
    Not heard of this... Do I read that Goodman is gluing the aluminum joints rather than welding them? If so... I hope this will not be an industry trend... If so, we all need to figure a coil change into our overhead on new system sales.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Aluminum is not the total answer, Carrier used aluminum years ago, these would corrode through at any place they touched sheet metal or the insulation in the coil box. The answer is spending a few bucks on copper, the old coils lasted forever because they were made of something other then copper foil.
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Not heard of this... Do I read that Goodman is gluing the aluminum joints rather than welding them? If so... I hope this will not be an industry trend... If so, we all need to figure a coil change into our overhead on new system sales.
    GA- The copper suction stub is epoxied to alluminum suction header under that shrinkwrap piece. If they epoxied all the joints that would really be wild! I believe all the brands use similar epoxy joint on their alluminum coils.

I keep it nice and cool during brazing and haven't had any problems yet. However if it did leak I bet 75% of techs would miss checking there because its hidden under armaflex.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast