Off beaten path opportunity for hvac experience hours?

Off beaten path opportunity for hvac experience hours?

I would like to find any possible experience in HVAC field. I have elec license, and would like to complement that with some hvac experience. Any modest involvement would be a start, and any start would be a sucess, given that a lot of mechanical contractors require experience for hire. Any ideas or suggestions where off the beaten path possibly to find work experience in any hvac facet that would suffice to count as hours toward license exam prerequisites, so I can eventually test for hvac license? It would be nice to be involved in big projects like those big units on top of big buildings, etc. But I am happy to pursue smaller scale type experience that might be more attainable. Is there some niche of hvac related experience out there that might not be so sought after, and therefore may be more accessible, something within the realm of hvac but not as hightly targeted by hvac aspirants as other more typical hvac work? I just want to get a small start and start accruing some 'experience hours' regardless what the work tasks may be. Any suggestion, observation, etc, appreciated.

Apartment complex maintenance? You'd probably be unclogging more toilets and changing light bulbs more than ac though.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Apartment complex maintenance? You'd probably be unclogging more toilets and changing light bulbs more than ac though.
    jtrammel. Thanks for that tip. Hey, I don't mind unclogging toilets and changing bulbs as long as i can get an ounce of hvac too possibly.