Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just a matter of time?

My heart and prayers go out to the people in Oklahoma, but my pessimistic side can't help but wonder. The teacher that stated she huddled with her young students and prayed- how long until some anti-Christian/anti-American group files a law suit against her for praying in school?
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

I don't care if your an atheist or not. When the Defecation hits the Rotary Oscillator and your about to "check out", you'll find religion real fast
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    My heart and prayers go out to the people in Oklahoma, but my pessimistic side can't help but wonder. The teacher that stated she huddled with her young students and prayed- how long until some anti-Christian/anti-American group files a law suit against her for praying in school?
    Although the situation as you describe it clearly represents a violation of the 1st amendment; given the extreme circumstances I doubt anyone would file a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I don't care if your an atheist or not. When the Defecation hits the Rotary Oscillator and your about to "check out", you'll find religion real fast
    A demonstrably false statement.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Although the situation as you describe it clearly represents a violation of the 1st amendment; given the extreme circumstances I doubt anyone would file a complaint.
    Why do some believe that the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to everyone?
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

My Dad, when he was in the army said there was a saying
    "there are no atheists in fox holes".

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    My Dad, when he was in the army said there was a saying
    "there are no atheists in fox holes".
    I never been in a fox hole, been in a few.....nevermind
    The Last four letters

any questions

.... huh?? how is praying a violation of the 1st amendment? 1st amendment is freedom of speech. Has nothing to do with the issues of prayer in school. Do you mean someone suing is 1st amendment violation?

more like a violation of school policy, not a violation of the 1st amendment. and Im pretty sure YOU would file some kind of complaint
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    Why do some believe that the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to everyone?
    Why do some believe that the religious clause of the first amendment provides an unlimited right?

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    .... huh?? how is praying a violation of the 1st amendment?

1st amendment is freedom of speech. Has nothing to do with the issues of prayer in school. Do you mean someone suing is 1st amendment violation?
    The first amendment contains a clause concerning religion and from this clause arises the issue of school prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    more like a violation of school policy, not a violation of the 1st amendment.
    School policy is no school led or mandated prayer. The teacher violated not only school policy but the first amendment as well.

and Im pretty sure YOU would file some kind of complaint
    Given the circumstances I would merely remind the teacher of the law.

School policy is no school led or mandated prayer. The teacher violated not only school policy but the first amendment as well.

Given the circumstances I would merely remind the teacher of the law.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

She exercised her rights. I'm not christian. I'm an agnostic. Again praying in school is not a violation of the 1st amendment. A government run school forcing students to pray or take part in a religious ceremony is a violation. A woman praying for her and her student lives is not.

Yall who makes these arguments seem to miss that part stating that government can not prohibit the free exercise of religion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast