Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Any one know what their pay scale is?
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Agreed. The guys on a garbage truck are cleaner than their installers.

I left in 2006, at that time we got 18% of the ticket or 8% commission on sales.

so strictly commission pay, no hourly rate? These companoes have high turnover rates?
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

All commission and the used car sales men with no hearts loved it, they will always tell us " do what's in the best interest of the customer" which meant new unit with slightly better efficancy and warranty for a ridiculous price.

I worked for the previous company for a couple of years before one hour took over and it was a great customer based company. One hour came in and raped and pillaged 20 years worth of great customer service and made a huge profit.

They would also dispatch for profits meaning the older the unit was they would send the sharks that couldn't fix anything and would give no other option than a new unit.

Some guys would even add a couple thousand on to our list price for bargaining room and if the costumer accepted that price they would brag about how big their commission was and how they overcharged while management just looked the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by jroll77 View Post
    They would also dispatch for profits meaning the older the unit was they would send the sharks that couldn't fix anything and would give no other option than a new unit.

Some guys would even add a couple thousand on to our list price for bargaining room and if the costumer accepted that price they would brag about how big their commission was and how they overcharged while management just looked the other way.
    The airtime co. im with has a shark. He only runs older systems has a year and half experience and calls himself a "senior technician". Which wouldn't bother me if he knew is crap, but if unit doesn't sale then he is lost.

I came across a 9 yr old 4 ton system with a grounded scroll compressor, I was instructed to quote $4048.00 for new compressor. When I asked if they were joking they said no we want to sell them a new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Artietech View Post
    Any one know what their pay scale is?
    Here its 20% on repair and & 7% to 9% on unit sales

I figured they just waived the flat rate "diagnostic" fee, but still make a killing on parts and labor.

Don't the people who work for places like that who are really good at pushing sales make more then techs? If they make 7% to 9% on jacked up prices and spend all day selling units they would be clearing thousands a week. Is there any place where someone who is better at fixing then selling could make that kind of money?

Quote Originally Posted by WarTurtle View Post
    Don't the people who work for places like that who are really good at pushing sales make more then techs? If they make 7% to 9% on jacked up prices and spend all day selling units they would be clearing thousands a week. Is there any place where someone who is better at fixing then selling could make that kind of money?
    If you work straight commission. Normally the service techs make just as much,but what I am running into here is that the pm guys are so technically challenged, thats being nice, that I am spending most of time running callback for 20 bucks and they keep their big commissions. You just got find the right company. Not all companies that pay straight commission are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAIAE View Post
    Not all companies that pay straight commission are bad.
    No, only 99.9999% of them.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    No, only 99.9999% of them.
    Ha! so u agree that .0001 are honest. Glad to see we're on the same page.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast