+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Always on time or you won't pay a dime"

Post Likes
    Most are, but not all.

Post Likes
    I see the hour guy in the supply house, he's never dirty.

Always wondered how he stayed so clean.

Post Likes
    no joke. they never seem to be dirty!

Post Likes
    The guys in the Yellow truck here in Dallas wear white uniform shirts. And of course they are clean and pressed even after a full day of work. Now, either they don't work, or they always have a clean shirt in reserve. Is that what y'all are see'n?

Post Likes
    One of my installers worked for a One Hour Co for a couple of years. He was telling me today that some days he would go thru four clean shirts in a day.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Post Likes
    I always keep reserve shirts and pants. After a few hours in a Texas attic, a change of clothing is a must. But my shirts are dark Gray, not White.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I keep reserve shirts and still end up dirty head to toe. I am always suspicious of a clean tech at 4pm.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Post Likes
    You need a reserve shirt after a oil burner clean out. Black in winter, gray in summer. I always wondered why they made the poor guys work in long sleeve button down shirts and dress pants.

Post Likes
    My reserve shirt is turning my T shirt inside out.

Post Likes

Used to get dirty

Quote Originally Posted by Bryantpride View Post
    You need a reserve shirt after a oil burner clean out. Black in winter, gray in summer. I always wondered why they made the poor guys work in long sleeve button down shirts and dress pants.
    my boss is using that low sulfur bio and very few get as dirty as they used to. I did on Sunday on one that got the chimney base stuffed with soot.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpbhvac View Post
    The guys in the Yellow truck here in Dallas wear white uniform shirts. And of course they are clean and pressed even after a full day of work. Now, either they don't work, or they always have a clean shirt in reserve. Is that what y'all are see'n?
    I think they keep a supply of clean shirts in the vehicles.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by clifpaul View Post
    I think they keep a supply of clean shirts in the vehicles.
    True, but much like the little red truck guys, they don't get very dirty going around condemning equipment all day.

At some of those companies, the "techs" don't really do any dirty work. If it is more than a simple quick repair, an "installer" is scheduled to come and complete it.
    The installers are not as clean.

Post Likes
    Any one know what their pay scale is?
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Agreed. The guys on a garbage truck are cleaner than their installers.

Post Likes
    I left in 2006, at that time we got 18% of the ticket or 8% commission on sales.

Post Likes
    so strictly commission pay, no hourly rate? These companoes have high turnover rates?
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    All commission and the used car sales men with no hearts loved it, they will always tell us " do what's in the best interest of the customer" which meant new unit with slightly better efficancy and warranty for a ridiculous price.

I worked for the previous company for a couple of years before one hour took over and it was a great customer based company. One hour came in and raped and pillaged 20 years worth of great customer service and made a huge profit.

Post Likes
    They would also dispatch for profits meaning the older the unit was they would send the sharks that couldn't fix anything and would give no other option than a new unit.

Some guys would even add a couple thousand on to our list price for bargaining room and if the costumer accepted that price they would brag about how big their commission was and how they overcharged while management just looked the other way.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jroll77 View Post
    They would also dispatch for profits meaning the older the unit was they would send the sharks that couldn't fix anything and would give no other option than a new unit.

Some guys would even add a couple thousand on to our list price for bargaining room and if the costumer accepted that price they would brag about how big their commission was and how they overcharged while management just looked the other way.
    The airtime co. im with has a shark. He only runs older systems has a year and half experience and calls himself a "senior technician". Which wouldn't bother me if he knew is crap, but if unit doesn't sale then he is lost.

I came across a 9 yr old 4 ton system with a grounded scroll compressor, I was instructed to quote $4048.00 for new compressor. When I asked if they were joking they said no we want to sell them a new system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Artietech View Post
    Any one know what their pay scale is?
    Here its 20% on repair and & 7% to 9% on unit sales

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in