Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I just don't understand the customers of our trade people seem to be willing to pay xx amount and not question an automobile mechanic but if we tell them there x is shot they get all in a tizzy about the price, no one seems to want to pay for maintenance but when it breaks Down its As if we the techs are responsible

And they want us there yesterday lol

Does hvac stand for hot very angry customer? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr toon View Post
    I like it!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

there here to ..... love following them some days..... un happy customers usually
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quote Originally Posted by Mr toon View Post
    So do I!

Not techs, salesmen and they are as dirty as car salesmen. I like watching the 60 seconds episodes about bad ac companies and duct cleaning companies, how do you sleep at night lying to people like that

Quote Originally Posted by Bryantpride View Post
    Not techs, salesmen and they are as dirty as car salesmen. I like watching the 60 seconds episodes about bad ac companies and duct cleaning companies, how do you sleep at night lying to people like that
    I sleep fine.

It's them who should not be sleeping well.

I do believe that the policy for the one hour places around here is you call, they tell you what time they'll be there, and they come in a one hour window of the time they tell you.

Everytime I hear there commercials it just ticks me off. I know how they operate, they rip off the customers and they rip off the technicians. They advertise that no matter what time you call, you don't get an answering service, you get right through to a technician. So if you call at 1am it goes right to the on-call techs phone, and if he doesn't answer right away he gets yelled at.

They pay the technicians a low wage and commission on what they sell. If a customer calls at 1am you have to answer, and you have to go there. So you go at 1am and change an igniter on their furnace and make about $15 on your service call, while your company charges the customer an outrages after-hour fee, plus big mark-up on the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    I do believe that the policy for the one hour places around here is you call, they tell you what time they'll be there, and they come in a one hour window of the time they tell you.

Everytime I hear there commercials it just ticks me off. I know how they operate, they rip off the customers and they rip off the technicians. They advertise that no matter what time you call, you don't get an answering service, you get right through to a technician. So if you call at 1am it goes right to the on-call techs phone, and if he doesn't answer right away he gets yelled at.

They pay the technicians a low wage and commission on what they sell. If a customer calls at 1am you have to answer, and you have to go there. So you go at 1am and change an igniter on their furnace and make about $15 on your service call, while your company charges the customer an outrages after-hour fee, plus big mark-up on the parts.
    Dang... I work at a one hour place and didn't know it
    Except I get no commission
    "If you've eliminated all other possibilities whatever remains must be the truth."

Quote Originally Posted by jmsmars1 View Post
    Dang... I work at a one hour place and didn't know it
    Except I get no commission
    I shouldn't have singled them out, I know there are a lot of places like that.

Recently interviewed with said company in yellow vans. No way would I work there. They made it clear its all about sales. While waiting in the lobby, I could hear them role playing a service call and showing the techs how to turn it into a sale.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

We're lucky there's 2 of them by us. I know a girl who dispatches there and keeps trying to get me to go there. I just laugh and tell her to kick rocks.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast