+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Always on time or you won't pay a dime"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpbhvac View Post
    How is that lack of customer service? Are we expected to be a doormat for ***holes? I believe getting out to a new customer in the heat of the summer on the same Day is excellent customer service. I will not put up with a customer treating me like that. I will not be a doormat. I have and will move on to a customer who might appreciate the comfort service I provide. The other guy, will he can just wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Make anyone wait two days for service, what would you expect?
    WHY?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    Make anyone wait two days for service, what would you expect?
    You could have used the multi quote function.

Post Likes
    Sorry. Haven't figured out how to do that on my smart phone. I'm also still trying to figure out how to start a thread....
    WHY?

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes
    Read the fine print, we have such a company when they get there grab you wallet, and take your heart medication.
    Not that I think this is bad, personally I like when people think a condenser fan motor costs $1500.

I was a bit bummed out when one of my customers called for a leaking relief valve on his water tank. They sold him a new tank, and gave him a discount if he signed up for a heating cooling maintenance agreement. I had already sold the customer such an agreement and done the seasonal heating check up, I came in early to do the cooling check up and repaired a leak on the suction line. The customer told me not to tune up the cooling as he wanted to use the expiring maintenance agreement from this company.

Ok, but I bet you will be sold a new unit. At the beginning of last week he called to ask if I though he needed a new unit as this company was recommending. Sir, your unit is only 7 years old and was working perfectly when I left. "Ok I will tell them no".
    Some people have no mechanical or common sense.
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

Post Likes
    Sorry. Haven't figured out how to do that on my smart phone. I'm also still trying to figure out how to start a thread....
    LOL, I don't know how to do any of that on my smart phone either.

Post Likes
    You typed all that on your phone?

Post Likes
    I worked for One Hour for two years and the sales training to technical training ratio was about 20 to 1. Every morning was going through your previous days calls and how you could have turned them into sales. Followed up by role playing, not role playing repairs, but role playing sales. About once a month we might talk about something technical but considering I had to show our big sales tech how to wire a transformer that really didnt go too far.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpbhvac View Post
    How is that lack of customer service? Are we expected to be a doormat for ***holes? I believe getting out to a new customer in the heat of the summer on the same Day is excellent customer service. I will not put up with a customer treating me like that. I will not be a doormat. I have and will move on to a customer who might appreciate the comfort service I provide. The other guy, will he can just wait.

Actually yes your are, the customer is always right. If you don't think so this guy is going to prove it by doing $10,000 in negative advertising for you.

I would have been more efficient if you had said I'm sorry maybe I was in a bad cell area. Let me just make up for your aggravation by getting the cooling up and running. Quote a price and give him a discount on the service call. What I do for these folks is hand them a gift card for $10 from my wife's Dairy Queen or a Wawa card which I get for free from one of my suppliers who hands them out for each 10 times I purchase at their store.

Did I mention that in the last 7 years my company has been 100% referral, with no advertising budget and no web page?

There are two ways to do things the hard way and the easy way.
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AtticAce View Post
    Actually yes your are, the customer is always right. If you don't think so this guy is going to prove it by doing $10,000 in negative advertising for you.

I would have been more efficient if you had said I'm sorry maybe I was in a bad cell area. Let me just make up for your aggravation by getting the cooling up and running. Quote a price and give him a discount on the service call. What I do for these folks is hand them a gift card for $10 from my wife's Dairy Queen or a Wawa card which I get for free from one of my suppliers who hands them out for each 10 times I purchase at their store.

Did I mention that in the last 7 years my company has been 100% referral, with no advertising budget and no web page?

There are two ways to do things the hard way and the easy way.
    I don't believe the customer is always right. The customer is wrong a LOT! I will just have to disagree with you here. If I've been running on call for hours and hours and hours in 105 degree Texas weather, I'm not really in the mood to hand out Dairy Queen cards. I just want to make the repair and move on. I make it a practice to show appreciation for services I can not do myself and I expect the same. If you don't appreciate the fact that I even answered your call, there is no pleasing you. Even if I fix your a/c, we will then argue about everything else especially the bill which will be very high during on-call hours. By the way, did I mention I work for a company in Texas that's been around for over 75 years with no advertising, no web site, no Facebook, no twitter, nothing but 100% word of mouth referral?

Post Likes
    If the customer is always right, are you immediately just adding refrigerant to their systems? Most will tell you that's what their problem is.

Post Likes
    Really makes me question the position I just took with a bigger company in town. Weekly sales meetings, insanely high prices and techs not very technical

Post Likes
    There isn't anything inherently wrong with One Hour Heating and Air, the ones in my area actually do above average work.

Like any franchise type deal, there are good ones and there are bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by git-r-dun View Post
    If the customer is always right, are you immediately just adding refrigerant to their systems? Most will tell you that's what their problem is.
    Yeah, if the customer was always right, half my calls would just be replacing thermostats, and most of the other half would just be adding a little refrigerant.

French Settlement, Louisiana, United States
    Post Likes
    Went behind one of the yellow vans here and the homeowner was quoted $1100.00 for dye to find a leak! (I have the invoice from the yellow van that the homeowner gave to me) Ifound and fixed leak for less than they wanted just to find the leak.
    Now I have had 5 more word of mouth jobs just off that one.

Post Likes
    When people say "the yellow van company," I don't think of One Hour, there is another "Yellow Van" company in my area that has been doing the most horrible work in RNC and replacements for decades since before One Hour existed.
    A large number of the systems in my "wall of shame" posts were originally done by them.

For the DFW locals, you should know who I'm talking about. The company name rhymes with FriedWire.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    When people say "the yellow van company," I don't think of One Hour, there is another "Yellow Van" company in my area that has been doing the most horrible work in RNC and replacements for decades since before One Hour existed.
    A large number of the systems in my "wall of shame" posts were originally done by them.

For the DFW locals, you should know who I'm talking about. The company name rhymes with FriedWire.
    Yes sir, that has been my experience as well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by comoutsid322 View Post
    A company in my town is that motto. I feel BAD for its employees. I can bet if they are 30 seconds late to a call, the homeowner would be down their throat about having a free service call.

I bet homeowners even complain that they were early. Your 5 minutes early im not paying. I feel soooooo bad for anyone that works there

I bet home owners ask for discounts all the time for being a minute early or late. I have worked for a heating and air company for a little bit, and the people who complained about pricing, and up sells, is rediculous. I cant imagine the complaints and fustration of working for an on time company.
    where do you live. There is a company in my area that uses that slogan. Its Heartlands one hour heating and air conditioning.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post

Amen to that! Fixing their boo boos makes the shop I work at a lot of money!

Post Likes
    They also have technical training. Why don't you mention that? Oh, that's right: you were only there for a second or two and that somehow makes you an expert on One Hour.
    I have been with an airtime company 4mo. now. meetings 3-4 times a week, not one on technical training all about sales.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by clifpaul View Post
    Amen to that! Fixing their boo boos makes the shop I work at a lot of money!
    I would venture to say that there are quite a number of smaller companies that owe a good measure of their success to the sheer volume of those "boo boos" in need of fixing.

Post Likes
    I will say this: as far as technical training there is very little. But there's also relatively little sales training either. I must be at a weird One Hour.
    Further, there are only 3 techs (myself included) here and they seem to know what they're doing. I have 18yrs experience, another has at least 25yrs experience, and the junior one probably has around 10. When we say a system needs to go, it needs to go. And I have yet to see a motor go for $1500.
    WHY?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in