+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Always on time or you won't pay a dime"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

"Always on time or you won't pay a dime"

A company in my town is that motto. I feel BAD for its employees. I can bet if they are 30 seconds late to a call, the homeowner would be down their throat about having a free service call.

I bet homeowners even complain that they were early. Your 5 minutes early im not paying. I feel soooooo bad for anyone that works there.

I bet home owners ask for discounts all the time for being a minute early or late. I have worked for a heating and air company for a little bit, and the people who complained about pricing, and up sells, is rediculous. I cant imagine the complaints and fustration of working for an on time company.

Post Likes
    Good luck to everybody. We schedule with a 2 hr window this time of yr. if theyll wait all day for the cable guy, they will wait 2 hrs for us. Customers have NO problem w this. If they do, bye bye.

Post Likes
    Can work out bad for the customer too. I heard of one company like that would just not show up if they were not getting paid.

Post Likes
    It's one of the big national franchise companies, they advertise the same thing in my area.
    I'm pretty sure they give a 2 hr time window for when the technician will get there.

It's not to hard to always be on time when your "techs" are salesmen with tool bags, who may or may not actually be capable of diagnosing much of anything, and just run around all day quoting outrageous repair costs to drive new system sales.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    It's one of the big national franchise companies, they advertise the same thing in my area.
    I'm pretty sure they give a 2 hr time window for when the technician will get there.

It's not to hard to always be on time when your "techs" are salesmen with tool bags, who may or may not actually be capable of diagnosing much of anything, and just run around all day quoting outrageous repair costs to drive new system sales.
    Same here..
    For XXX someone (usually a salesman) will show up at your house on time.
    For XX someone will show up at your house within a two hour window.
    Seen too much, no respect for the yellow fellow.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    And they want us there yesterday lol

Post Likes
    Does hvac stand for hot very angry customer? Lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr toon View Post
    I like it!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr toon View Post
    So do I!

Post Likes
    I used to work for this company in my local market. The only one hour time slot is the first of the day, then mostly 4 hour time slots. If you were gonna be close to not getting there on time they would send one of the maintenance guys fresh out of school to make an appearance. Then when they do show up be prepared to buy a new unit for thousands over reasonable price. My last day there was my greatest day.

Post Likes
    I know the franchise company and I wish I didn't. The last place I worked was a small individual outfit that offered a I time guarantee to every call. Talk about pressure. I was given a set diagnostic time and if you exceeded either the diagnostic or repair time, lets just say things did not go well. I'm so glad to be out if that. Customer service is broader than arrival times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I see their yellow trucks in my area.
    I miss you mom and dad.

Post Likes
    The hour guys here are lnown for being crooks as well, stabbing coils, putting in low seer goodmans with "hour" logos fired people during bp spill so they could show a loss and sue... Disgusting!

Post Likes
    I usually give a 2 hr window. I certainly am not going to provide my services for free because crap happens.

Had a man call me in the exceptionally hot mid summer and it was hard to get anyone to his home within a day or two. I told him I'd be there between 4 and 5 p.m the same day. I had a bad hot day and worked my butt off to be there at 4:35 pm. I groaned as I got out of the truck and while attaching my "getting so heavy" tool pouch, I was met with the man complaining why I wasn't there at 4 pm as I said I would be. I explained I told him 4-5, and that I never make exact appointments. He was arrogant and insisted I said 4 pm. I simply turned around, put my pouch up and drove away and left him standing there wishing he had shut up and should have just been happy I was there.
    Don't need people like that.

Post Likes
    It's the same if you tell them a price range, say for example between 100 to 300 dollars... all they hear is 100.
    I miss you mom and dad.

Post Likes
    From what I have heard from a guy that works for said company, the on time guarantee is offered only if you agree to a higher service fee. Say the standard service fee is 50, if you want the on time guarantee, its 120
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by walterc View Post
    I usually give a 2 hr window. I certainly am not going to provide my services for free because crap happens.

Had a man call me in the exceptionally hot mid summer and it was hard to get anyone to his home within a day or two. I told him I'd be there between 4 and 5 p.m the same day. I had a bad hot day and worked my butt off to be there at 4:35 pm. I groaned as I got out of the truck and while attaching my "getting so heavy" tool pouch, I was met with the man complaining why I wasn't there at 4 pm as I said I would be. I explained I told him 4-5, and that I never make exact appointments. He was arrogant and insisted I said 4 pm. I simply turned around, put my pouch up and drove away and left him standing there wishing he had shut up and should have just been happy I was there.
    Don't need people like that.
    Been there, done that! I never even said a word in my situation. When the butt chewing began, I just hung the tools and moved on to a customer who might appreciate me services

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I just don't understand the customers of our trade people seem to be willing to pay xx amount and not question an automobile mechanic but if we tell them there x is shot they get all in a tizzy about the price, no one seems to want to pay for maintenance but when it breaks Down its As if we the techs are responsible

Post Likes
    there here to ..... love following them some days..... un happy customers usually
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Not techs, salesmen and they are as dirty as car salesmen. I like watching the 60 seconds episodes about bad ac companies and duct cleaning companies, how do you sleep at night lying to people like that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in