Open cell off gassing causing evaporator coil to corrode?

Thats the question. I have seen several systems leak and the common denominator (i'm sure there's others) seems to be the foam. Has anyone else experienced this and have ideas that may increase the life of the systems?

Heres my list and assessment and questions:

Fresh air intake- this is a must anyway to prevent stale air. Should this be mechanical or simply a duct run to the outside. or should there be an air exchange inside the attic to vent it?

Coil cleaning- Should it be done more often than once a year for a period of time after the house is completed or insulated. Is there a solution that neutralizes this perceived off gas corrosion?

Is all of the above a farce and the reason coils leak is recycled copper is softer and more susceptible to corrosion...and we can go off on a tangent and say the green house gasses and global warming are causing the salinity of the oceans to be a higher concentration and thats what causes leaks....as well as gas prices to increase (jk)

Thanks in advance for the assistance,

Chris

Every time I have seen this with open or closed cell foam there was no outside air being brought in.

When outside air was brought in I never found it to be an issue.

Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Thanks David.

An interesting fact is on a geothermal leed house. We have replaced coils on all 3 systems. One unit 3 times (every 2 years) and the other systems lasted 4 years. Its FHP equipment and it has ERV's.

What's the thought on venting? Vent direct to unit or just have makeup air into the attic. Which would lead to another question. is this "off gas" heavier than air so venting needs to be low or lighter and needs to be higher on roof.

Chris