Post Likes

Fault code 77, carrier infinity system.

Hi, my name is jesús and I need help, if you can? I have a air condition in my work, and this fail. the equipment is model- 24ANA infinity series, the code fail is 77, change the start capacitor, also the start relé, but follow equal, fault 77", I am thinking... may be.. locked compresor, any one you know can me saying or help me. This system have three years of use. Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    Hi Jes@&%$#89874,

I would suggest you call an HVAC contractor to come take a look. Sounds like its trying to go into second stage and when it can't it shutting off.
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Post Likes
    I'm thinking this is a Bristol 2 stage compressor. If it's a 24ANA7 (17 SEER 2 stage scroll compressor) Error 77 on the condenser is:

"
    high−stage DidNot Start
    (24ANA7 Only)

Specified start voltage at VS terminal was not achieved in high−stage. Startrelay was de−energized after 1 second.
    "

You need a service tech that understands and has expereince with this type of 2 stage units. Unfortunately, I think Carrier discontinued this series for a reason. Reliability was a major problem.

If you bought this 3 years ago, I suspect you got a "deal" on the final production run of these units. I think there were a few lingering as late as last year.

Post Likes
    Thanks I will keep checking but I think the fault is the compressor locked

Post Likes
    I suppose that could be a possiblity. I would still get a knowledgeable carrier tech involved. That unit might have a warranty remaining. OF you can jsut slap another unit in there. But there's a good change it might fail again in shrot order if the failure was caused by another component or issue.

If I had the motor in my car lock-up, I would be wondering if it overehated, had inadequate lubrication or oil pressure, incorrect fuel type and so on.

Post Likes
    You could always test for a locked rotor
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Post Likes
    How to its? I've done just taking the amp. For locked compressor and this is very..very ... high

Sent from my MB860

Post Likes
    I think we're getting into actual troubleshooting. You really need to call a Carrier dealer. Again, it's very possible this qualifies for warranty, but if the owner works on it, all warranties would be void.

Post Likes
    Thanks guys, I changed the compressor, the failure was locked compressor, I also changed the electrical components and liquid filter and made in 3 stages vacuum system, the vendor who installed the equipment did not respond for the warranty and the system was urgent, I work a company of appliances and there was no problem to get the compressor, the supplier I think will not return here ... Regards

Post Likes
    changed compressor!!

Sent from my MB860
    Attached Images Attached Images