1. So this must be the new way to vent hot flue gasses, NOT (not code).
2. T&P 3/4" drain line has a flex connector of a smaller ID that can hold water on the back side of T&P valve (not code).
3. No gas line sediment trap (not in compliance with National Fuel Gas Code).
4. Missing safety pan, required when water can cause damage to structure (not code).
5. Missing water pipe insulation on the two water lines on top of water heater (not code).
6. No permit was pulled for this w/h change-out or the furnace for that mater.
and she said a licensed plumber did the installation! So that somehow makes this job done right? Give me a break. I said you are lucky you are not dead yet. I didn't say that but implied it in so many words. At least she has a fire exchanger handy, may not get to it though.