Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Santa Fe Classic no water

Hi everyone, I am brand new and I hoped that I would never need you guys but it looks like that changed this week. I have a Santa Fe Classic that has been running flawlessly for years until this week. I am no longer getting any water out and it runs continuously. The Panasonic compressor inside is very, very hot. I also looked for any coolant leaks but there doesn't seem to be any kind of oily spots anywhere. Can you guys give me any idea what might be wrong and if these units have any history with certain problems. Thank you

it is either out of refrigerant or the compressor has stopped pumping. shut it off to prevent any further damage and find someone to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by rich9426 View Post
    Hi everyone, I am brand new and I hoped that I would never need you guys but it looks like that changed this week. I have a Santa Fe Classic that has been running flawlessly for years until this week. I am no longer getting any water out and it runs continuously. The Panasonic compressor inside is very, very hot. I also looked for any coolant leaks but there doesn't seem to be any kind of oily spots anywhere. Can you guys give me any idea what might be wrong and if these units have any history with certain problems. Thank you
    Call Therma-Stor customer service 800 533 7533 Justin How old is the unit?
    Keep us posted.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

I called the manufacturer and was told there is no one local to service the unit. I was also told that it could be coolant. Could there be a leak and how can I find it? This unit is so expensive that getting it fixed is the only option. How much would it usually cost?

pricing is not allowed, you're just going to have to call around to hvac companies until you find one willing to work on it.

I am not looking for something set in stone, I am looking for a range from experience and expertise. Nothing or no one is being held to any quote. Just looking for help

I called the manufacturer and was told there is no one local to service the unit. I was also told that it could be coolant. Could there be a leak and how can I find it? This unit is so expensive that getting it fixed is the only option. How much would it usually cost?
    It is probable that you have a refrigerant leak. A skilled tech will pressurize the unit with refrigerant and look for the leak with various tools. The simplest is soap bubbles. Also most old units have leaks in the cooling coil. This can be replaced. The first one you change is troubling. After practice, it goes quicker. It you can not find a local tech, the unit could be returned to the factory in Madison. Units older than 10yrs. usually are not worth effort.
    Did you take to Justin in Madison, yet. It could be worth you while.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy

Teddy Bear. I am confused, who is Justin in Madison? I live in Rhode Island. I talked to Themestor customer service. They didn't offer to fix it at all. They tried sending me to a guy 110 miles away from where I live. I talked to those guys and they don't service Rhode Island, so I thought I would have to go to a local HVAC guy. If this is wrong please let me know.

Teddy Bear. I am confused, who is Justin in Madison? I live in Rhode Island. I talked to Themestor customer service. They didn't offer to fix it at all. They tried sending me to a guy 110 miles away from where I live. I talked to those guys and they don't service Rhode Island, so I thought I would have to go to a local HVAC guy. If this is wrong please let me know.
    Justin manages the customer service section. 800 533 7533 ext 8474 Justin
    What is the ser no. of your unit ?
    Regards TB

The part number is 4021400 and the Serial number is F08197991. I bought it from Allergy Buyers Club. I lost my hard drive last week with the receipt on it so I can't tell you exactly when I bought it, but it has been a while. Let me know if you can do anything with these numbers.

The part number is 4021400 and the Serial number is F08197991. I bought it from Allergy Buyers Club. I lost my hard drive last week with the receipt on it so I can't tell you exactly when I bought it, but it has been a while. Let me know if you can do anything with these numbers.
    The unit was mfg. june of 2008. The unit is in the 5 yr. sealed refrigerant parts warranty. If unable to get local tech to look at it, call 800 533 7533 ext 8474, Justin. I am sure he can work out a solution.
    Regards TB

Thanks TB, What would that actually cover?

TB you were right Justin was great. He sold me a refurbished unit for as much as it would cost to fix mine. He also gave me a 5 year warranty on the new one. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast