Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Xspi

Quote Originally Posted by juliop360 View Post
    Thank you this will help a lot
    Is it possible to get a copy of that software. We have a working system but the laptop is failing and we need to replace it. They tell me there is no software that i can load on the new laptop. Thank you in advance.

I am working on a BC Network 8000 with Microzone2 Controlers. Could you email me any manuals that you might have. Thank you. RCXTECH my email is in my profile, Email Address Removed
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 05-05-2013 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Email Address Removed

I am a newbie to this forum so pleas bear with me…

Posts here are a bit old but I am in hopes someone may be able to help. We are the legacy 8000 system, which is very old and an unsupported product. The software managing / monitoring our units is Signal 4.4.1 on a stand-alone Windows 95 system. The system hard drive crashed and fortunately we had a ghosted image on another disk.

With the replacement hard drive in the system, everything boots fine but when we try and run the Signal software it gives us the message "this software is not enabled please contact your vendor". The dongle key is on Comm 1 and through the dos emulation package I can see the system is communicating with the controller (I get a menu). The disk drive was created and built prior to the original hard drive crash with a very old version of Ghost.

I have been through countless posts on this site concerning the issue. Some have said you need to delete a file but they never posted what file. I have the product engineering manual and it does not provide any detail on the error. Once I resolve this issue I am sure the system will work fine again

Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Are these guides somewhere I can download or can you send them to me as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Destronger View Post
    i sent you the troubleshooting guide and the mz2 programming guide... hope that helps

i have xPSI... i don't know if i can distribute it though?

Quote Originally Posted by jbehrens2 View Post
    Are these guides somewhere I can download or can you send them to me as well?
    If I could get them this would be a great start!. My email address is in my profile. Thanks

I need them also. The original post stated that someone had sent the guides, I was trying to find mz2 programming guides. Hoping someone had put them on a site to download or could email out.

Quote Originally Posted by controltec View Post
    Jaceski

I sent you an email with a download link.
    I'm going to have to jump on this train as well!

I am just dipping my fingers into this MicroZone2 XPSI program I have inherited with no documentation. Programing manuals and troubleshooting guides would be most helpfull!

Thanks in advance.
    N

I have a customer that has a Network 8000 system with a Signal front end. It looks like the default Super User account in Signal has been deleted. At least it doesn't show up under Users, and I have tried it with the default password and could not log in to Signal. The customer does not have any User login with Super User level privileges.
    I used to work for a Barber Colman installation company in Baltimore (that was bought by Honeywell), and I have installed and worked on many Network 8000 systems, but I have forgotten the "Back Door" method of being able to get into Signal. I have done it before, but that was about 15 years ago, and I have forgotten all of the details (but I think I know some of it).
    I primarily just want to upload all of their LCM panels to Signal, so that they have something to load into a replacement LCM, if one of them fails; but they of course don't have Engineering Privileges in Signal to do Uploads/Downloads.
    Could anyone help me out with this? It would be very much appreciated, if someone could refresh my memory about the Signal backdoor. Thank you!
    By the way, my email is in my Profile. I would not expect anyone to post the backdoor information on the forum!

I've got a few Network 8000's around that I need to work on and am looking for the PSI/XPSI software and manuals. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Have you guys tried contacting Schnieder Electric Engineering Department in Loves Park, IL? There are still a few engineers around from the Barber Colman/Siebe days.
    As far as Signal goes; they didn't develop it but would be very familiar with it.

The original SIGNAL software was developed by Bud Wilcox at DATA TALK as a transparent intergration program for multi vendors, but he sold it to BARBER COLMAN ,INVENSYS / SIEBE , then it was redeveloped by their engineers to be the frontend for the NETWORK 8000.

Yes, I couldn't remember Bud or his company's name.

have you tried

First: super
    last: user
    pass: pass

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8111213141516171819202122 LastLast