+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Network 8000 software

Post Likes
    Get hold of Allen at http://www.abcontrolsusa.com/ he can set you up with the manuals.

Post Likes

MZII manual

Quote Originally Posted by boardsmoker View Post
    automate_it,
    You've got mail.

Best regards,
    Boardsmoker
    Do you have the MZII manual in pdf? I would like a copy.

Kevin Brock

Post Likes
    do u neeed microzone literature give me ur e-mail address
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbrock View Post
    Do you have the MZII manual in pdf? I would like a copy.

Kevin Brock

Post Likes

Microzone II "Current status" display problem

Hallo,
    I am facing a problem of displaying “Current status” from Microzone II controller.
    The current status display appears with gargled characters and the numbers are not readable.

Is any of you have faced this and have a solution ??

I am using a laptop with windows 98 OS and using ZPSIPC.EXE program to access the controller. Tried with a machine with XP OS but gives the same result.

The Microzone II controller is not in a network. It is stand-alone.

All programming and edit functions working perfectly expect the gargled display

Display problem appears only in 3 screens.
    1. Current status display
    2. All point History
    3. Trend screen.

Any help ??

Regards
    K J.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jasy99 View Post
    Hallo,
    I am facing a problem of displaying “Current status” from Microzone II controller.
    The current status display appears with gargled characters and the numbers are not readable.

Any help ??

Regards
    K J.
    Recheck your COMM settings and the direct connect cable polarity.

Post Likes

Microzone II "Current status" display problem

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbrock View Post
    Recheck your COMM settings and the direct connect cable polarity.
    I have checked the communication thru PSI setup. Tried with all available baud rates. It is communicating with the controller and all editing and programming screens are perfectly OK.
    Problem only with below screens
    2. All point History
    3. Trend screen

Direct connect cable polarity??
    I am not sure where to check this. We are connecting Patton 2085F to the PC COM port using a 25 PIN to 9 PIN converter.
    Connection to the controller is made thru a 6-wire cable using RJ-11 jack in the Patton.
    (Picture attached)

Any advice.
    Regards
    Jasy

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jasy99 View Post
    I have checked the communication thru PSI setup. Tried with all available baud rates. It is communicating with the controller and all editing and programming screens are perfectly OK.
    Problem only with below screens
    2. All point History
    3. Trend screen

Direct connect cable polarity??
    I am not sure where to check this. We are connecting Patton 2085F to the PC COM port using a 25 PIN to 9 PIN converter.
    Connection to the controller is made thru a 6-wire cable using RJ-11 jack in the Patton.
    (Picture attached)

Any advice.
    Regards
    Jasy
    You can't fix it, you're wasting your time on it, its a problem with the video card and the characters that it supports.

Post Likes

Microzone II "Current status" display problem-Solved

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSands02 View Post
    You can't fix it, you're wasting your time on it, its a problem with the video card and the characters that it supports.
    Hi,
    It is solved.
    I used DOSBOX software to emulate DOS screen.
    After installing DOSBOX, configured the COM1 port with the configuration tool.
    Mounted the PSI directory as a drive.
    Then run the program zpsipc.exe
    Everything worked perfectly. No more gargled characters in "Current status display.

The clue I have received from other threads in this forum.

Thank you

Jasy

Post Likes
    I also would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me get a copy of XPSI and any BC manual that may help. I am trying to help a customer with Multizone's, GCM's and an Invensys/Niagra frontend. Thanks in advance.

Post Likes

Mnet-CI

I am needing the Mnet-CI software. I have the cable to access the MN-FLO3T. I can't locate the software.

Post Likes
    hello, all looks like im in the right thread now. we are taking on a new customer with an older bc network 8000 system, micozine mz2a, gcm-84121, running signal software. the customer only has old brochure info and no programming our operational manuals for anything, can any point me to this literature. we believe the gcm has lost its programing and are hoping the signal software has backed up that data to the hard drive so we can reload it to the gcm...we need some manuals on how to do this please.Also this signal program is running on a windows 95 platform... haven't seen that in a while. anyone ever take signal and run it on an xp machine. we have serial number for it but no program installation disk. Email Address removed
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 12-02-2010 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Removed email address, Please place in your profile ;-)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by electronicchris View Post
    I am needing the Mnet-CI software. I have the cable to access the MN-FLO3T. I can't locate the software.
    stand bye .... searching, searching
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scarletspider View Post
    .... we believe the gcm has lost its programing and are hoping the signal software has backed up that data to the hard drive so we can reload it to the gcm...
    maybe it has ... unlikely though. theyre pretty robust....can you communicate with hyperterm and see?

Signal should run in a virtual machine... Signal disks I may have somewhere ... there are issues matching dongles and serial numbered disks though.

Dont have literature....not in pdf anyway.

Restoring a GCM from Signal isnt all that easy to set up....even with the literature...havent done it in over 5 years.

depends on the field architecture but ...I would recommend ripping it out and putting Tridium w/ ASD driver on top.

....more info pls
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

Post Likes
    SCARLETSPIDER If you have access to the SIGNAL software , reloading the program to the GCM ( if it has been saved ) is not very hard to do nor is saving it to SIGNAL from the field panels ( GCM / LCM ) MZIIs get saved in XPSI.

The manuals are still available , many on here have them in PDF form and pass them around , if you want to purchase them you can get a set without too much trouble.

Post Likes
    yes if anyone can send me whatever manuals you have related to the network 8000 system, signal software (old runs on win98), manuals on the gcm, mz2, any of it would be much appreciated even if you need me to pay. My email is in my profile so send me anything, please or a note about what you have, what format its in and how much your asking for it. THANK YOU! side note- the signal seems to have a backup in the *dir listing, but i dont want to attempt it with out the proper instructions, also i found an old win98 machine that still functions and i am going to try to copy signal to the new machine and see if i can play with it and load any back up data to another gcm that is either a spare or was a bad one that no one threw away, to much turn over at facility and no one knows. We have never had to replace one of these, what would be the best option to replace it (software and hardware) with that would allow us to retain as much of the existing hardware and controllers, but be new enough were it wont be going obsolete or proprietary that we would not be allowed to service it.
    system controls 1 chiller, 8 ahu, 100+ fan coil units.

Post Likes
    also if you can send me anything and its over 20-25mb i have a dropbox , just email me and ill send you the name.

Post Likes
    does anyone have a copy of signal software...?
    was able to get all points reloaded into gcm, and most had no comm errors.,
    but after i had reinstalled the project and it was functioning fine, i was reading through one of the books on site and the screen popped up a message that said something about security, i did not really catch it in time to read. the signal program shut down and now will not restart. everytime win restarts or i click on the icon it, brings up signal window and says "sorry this program has not been enabled" you have to click ok then signal window shuts down.....anybody?

Post Likes
    Did you swap over the SECURITY key for your copy of SIGNAL from the old computer ?

Post Likes

Talking

"Did you swap over the SECURITY key for your copy of SIGNAL from the old computer ? "

I've found removing the text file is easier.

Post Likes
    Good for you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in