Post Likes

Barber Colman (Network 8000)

I got two (2) questions. Not sure if it was ask before.
    1. Can you still buy the XPSI Software?

We have our XPSI software on windows 95 and 98 (Laptop). We lost our software disc. And now we have difficulty "copying " the software to the latest operating system such as windows 7.

1. Is there is a way to convert our GCM to communicate via Ethernet connection from modem?

I like the XPSI software. It is simple and because it doesn't have graphics it has less memory and doesn't "crashed" like the other "latest" BMS software. We have Continuum, Metasys, Allerton, Tracer Summit.
    If we evolve from the monkey then why are there still monkeys.

GOD Bless America.

Post Likes
    The network 8000 line has been discontinued so I believe the software should be free. What do you mean you have difficulty "copying " the software to the latest operating system such as windows 7? It should work with 32 bit version. Maybe not with 64 bit. They did come out with a newer version of XPSI. If you have Win 7 professional try going into XP mode. You can still buy XP laptops on Ebay.

What are you trying to do with the GCM? Is it an 84000 or 86000 series (tan or grey). There are Ethernet adapters but I think that is more to just communicate between net 8000 devices.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
    The network 8000 line has been discontinued so I believe the software should be free. What do you mean you have difficulty "copying " the software to the latest operating system such as windows 7? It should work with 32 bit version. Maybe not with 64 bit. They did come out with a newer version of XPSI. If you have Win 7 professional try going into XP mode. You can still buy XP laptops on Ebay.

What are you trying to do with the GCM? Is it an 84000 or 86000 series (tan or grey). There are Ethernet adapters but I think that is more to just communicate between net 8000 devices.
    The reason I'm saying I have difficulty in copying it to another workstation or laptop is that it is not working properly. When I do dial-up or direct connect it is not communicating. I've tried every configuration of the ports and did not communicate to the controller. I could "connect" directly but would not talk to the controller. My old laptop has no issues. But the new laptop which I copied the program via a "thumb drive" is not working. Maybe there is an issue about the way I "copy" the software.

GOD Bless America.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by incontrol View Post

It is tan. I'm trying to do an ethernet connection rather than dial-up.

GOD Bless America.

Post Likes
    I sent an e-mail to you from the address that is in your profile. They do have a controller that will let you convert the Dial up over to Ethernet. Just check your e-mail for the details I would give you a price but its not allowed on the site

Post Likes
    There is a version PSIv4.10 that will work on Windows 7 32 and 64 bit.

Post Likes
    Somethings will work with 7 32bit and somethings will not...... Virtual XP and all works swell here and thats for about 30 of us in our office

Post Likes
    Hi I am looking for The XPsI software I was hoping someone had it and was willing to share ...