Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I was reading up on the Dx9100 on this site and someone had mentioned a set of tools called "Bob's Tools". Does anyone have these and be willing to e-mail them or are they like a bacon stretcher or a smoke grinder?
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

Bobs tools are a set of software tools that make some tasks easier and faster when mapping points etc.

They were written by a JCI Engineer named Robert(Bob) Atkins
    hence Bobs Tools.

If he still works for JCI his email address would be <deleted>

In the past he would only give them to JCI employees.
    Last edited by jrbenny; 11-09-2007 at 04:33 PM.

thanks!
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

Bob Tools

Let me know if you got them or not ->

Integrator

no, i never got a response. It seems as if I have run into to a couple more 9100's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can e-mail bobtools to you if you want. What's the address?

beer30,
    Could you please email me Bob's Tools too..My email is listed on my control panel. thank you in advance

Trane Varitrane boxes with reheat problem

Is it only availible to JCI employee's????
    Last edited by phoenixfitter; 11-08-2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Wrong post

I would greatly appreciate it. Send a copy of GPL too please.
    Last edited by jrbenny; 11-09-2007 at 04:32 PM. Reason: emails belong in your profile

Dx9100-gpl

Hey, I have run into a situation where I need to get a cold plate running on a chiller and it seems that it is driven by GPL. Since GPL is not available to non-JCI, I was going to draw it up in GX with PLC. But, will GX master over GPL programming?
    Last edited by smokeout; 11-09-2007 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Meant to make new post, sorry.

Wether or not the DX will control over the GPL is all a mater of priorities set in the GPL processes.

If you don't want the GPL to influence the operation at all, (preferred method) then rewrite the control through the DX's and using the headend for any simple coordination like staging using MCO's if necessary. Once your DX's have been tested then using a level 1 or 2 user password disable the GPL processes.

With the advent of more powerful network controllers and LCT, GPL is a relic from the pass that should go away.

As far as Bob's Tools, unless you need the adminsitrative support funcitions, I don't remember it being that strong of a programming aid. It's been a while since I used it but found it was easier not to use it at all for some reason.

I have no access to GPL. It has been deleted from the workstation. Do I need to set the pw in GPL or am I misunderstanding?

I hate to jump on the band wagon ,but

is it possible to get a copy of that

I would be very grateful

Thank You

Last edited by jrbenny; 11-09-2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: removed email...put it in your profile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast