Post Likes

What controller is this?

I received a call for tomorrow to check out a FPB (or more) and was sent a pic of this controller that they are connected to. I've never encountered them and would like to get somewhat familiar with it before I head out there. Anyone know who makes them or have any documentation on it? It'd be greatly appreciated

Looks like a service light is on, although there are two LEDs there so I can't really tell what that is.

Name:  IMG_0102.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  107.2 KB

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigjoe View Post
    I received a call for tomorrow to check out a FPB (or more) and was sent a pic of this controller that they are connected to. I've never encountered them and would like to get somewhat familiar with it before I head out there. Anyone know who makes them or have any documentation on it? It'd be greatly appreciated

Looks like a service light is on, although there are two LEDs there so I can't really tell what that is.

Name:  IMG_0102.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  107.2 KB
    Looks like a Trane UC210 without the flow sensor.BAS-PRC076B-EN_11192013.pdf

Post Likes
    That is a Trane uc210

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by clogic View Post
    Looks like a Trane UC210 without the flow sensor.BAS-PRC076B-EN_11192013.pdf
    Hence the red light blinking.
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Post Likes
    Thanks guys. I'll try to look into it before I head out there

Post Likes
    You might need some sort of software tool to service the controller. It should be on the Trane website. But also be careful... it may not let you edit any parameters. That's for the Trane tech to do.

Post Likes
    I spoke with one of our guys who has it. He said it's "Trane TU". All I have is Rover but, it ended up not being the controller. All the boxes were open as they should of been. The discharge air was only ~67*F. The issue ended up being on the chilled water side. Thanks for the info anyways guys

Post Likes
    Do you need "Trane TU" to offset the thermostat sensor?

Post Likes
    The basic version of Trane TU (the software necessary to mess with their controllers) is free if you can find a Trane tech to give it to you. They give it to balancers so they don't have to stand there opening and closing boxes for them. Depending on whether you think you're likely to run into their stuff again, it might be worth finding someone who can give it to you.

Post Likes
    Yes, you would need TU to configure the sensor with an offset (though you might be able to do that with the balancer version of TU, which is free if you can find a tech to give it to you).