Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VACUUM PUMPS

JB's Platinum is good. But the price is a little much for only 6 CFM. When Ritchie [Yellow Jacket] has a nice little bullet for cheaper and 7 CFM. I do like JB for the fact that they're made in America. But their price(s). This is the same sister distribution as Fluke. SO you have to expect the prices...

I have the JB platinum 10 cfm..it beats all other pumps..its a little heavy but thats because its a 10 cfm and its a BEAST..pumps so fast with 3/8 and use valve core removal tools and itll fly. got it for $150 bucks too..cant beat it for a 800 pump

Quote Originally Posted by RJudge View Post
    JB's Platinum is good. But the price is a little much for only 6 CFM. When Ritchie [Yellow Jacket] has a nice little bullet for cheaper and 7 CFM. I do like JB for the fact that they're made in America. But their price(s). This is the same sister distribution as Fluke. SO you have to expect the prices...
    JB does not make a six CFM Platinum. It goes from five to seven and then ten CFM.

JB DV-200N

7 CFM Platinum series. Does the job....built to last.

Quote Originally Posted by RamDiesel View Post
    JB DV-200N

7 CFM Platinum series. Does the job....built to last.
    yep.

same here.

The supply house has them(JB) out every year for free rebuilds, although I haven't needed it yet. I frankly forget how many years I've had this pump. I think I'm on year 8.

YJ would probably be fine too. I would tell you to stay away from the low end pumps of any manufacturer. For residential a 3 CFM is all you need. The really big thing is learning the best technique to evacuating the system. Best practices have already been covered elsewhere on the site so I'll leave that alone.

Summary:

Buy a rebuild-able 2 stage vacuum pump from a major brand, 3 CFM or more.
    learn "best practice" techniques
    Use a good micron gauge. (your vacuum pump is almost worthless without it!!)
    take care of what you buy.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12