Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    .Any claim that a "majority" of scientists agree on this matter is largely bullcrap.
    98% of peer-reviewed papers concerning AGW support it.

Plenty of evidence that is contrary to media hype is routinely published, and ignored in a most illogical way, by those who only view science through agenda glasses. We may, in fact, be in a sort of "harmonic loop" where, as phytoplankton, the lowest form on the food chain pretty much, and one of the most important parts of the carbon cycle, is driven deeper in to the ocean the higher global temperatures rise, as a general rule. When this happens, they perform their "carbon cycle duties" as a much less efficient rate. See what I mean? Higher temp, they go deep, carbon cycle itself is negatively affected, and we spiral down,
    Is there a peer-reviewed paper I can read on this matter?

Also, we do not know if we have achieved max saturation. Lets say you have a window with 50 shades. Do you need 50 shades? No. Even if they are pieces of crap, at some point around 10 you are going to block all the light that you can. Have we reached that point with C02 and trapping gases? No telling. We don't know enough!
    Co2 is not saturated. Direct measurements show that rising co2 levels are trapping more heat.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    98% of peer-reviewed papers concerning AGW support it.[
    Really? Awesome! You may want to speak with Mr. Pasteur, Mr. Goldberger, and, by the way, endless accounts of peer reviewed science being united in its wrongness throughout history about your rather smarmy and misleading comment.

Is there a peer-reviewed paper I can read on this matter?
    Tsk, tsk. About two years old I'd say old boy. Let me find it for you as you seem to be of limited resource. Might be a little beer in the way for the upcoming weekend. I'll get back to you.

Co2 is not saturated. Direct measurements show that rising co2 levels are trapping more heat.
    Is there a peer reviewed paper that you have that is not based on guesswork and models?
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Really? Awesome! You may want to speak with Mr. Pasteur, Mr. Goldberger, and, by the way, endless accounts of peer reviewed science being united in its wrongness throughout history about your rather smarmy and misleading comment.
    Anyone can be wrong. However the evidence is strong enough to convince the vast majority of those scientists trained and doing research in this area that AGW is as close to a fact as science gets.

Skepticism is healthy but in view of the fact that the AGW denier crowd has not been able to produce
    any credible evidence to support their views, it would seem a denier is allowing ideology to trump evidence.

Tsk, tsk. About two years old I'd say old boy. Let me find it for you as you seem to be of limited resource. Might be a little beer in the way for the upcoming weekend. I'll get back to you.
    I'll google it as well but I'm running against that beer/Margarita thing myse;f

Is there a peer reviewed paper that you have that is not based on guesswork and models?
    Would peer-reviewed co2 direct observations do?

Right, that's the other part of history that's being ignored. Our EXTREMELY poor record with regards to manipulating our environment. Like introducing predators to control pests BEFORE the dynamics of ecosystems were properly understood. Or, say, our attempts to build man made barrier reefs out of old automobile tires. Or like the way we are fixing all the damage we've done with dams, wait, oh no, mostly we just make things worse.

So, you mean, you want to fix things? Kinda like that?
    No, no. Global warming is very real. It is not a question of whether or not it exists. The questions is, what do we do about it, if anything? How severe is its effect? What has caused it to happen?

Despite what some might indicate, there are still debates to be had about Global Warming. But one of those debates is not about IF it is occurring.

This is normal for science for the most part. Debate rages over many things, but usually not over whether or not a thing has occurred, at least in practical, rather than theoretical, science.

Any claim that a "majority" of scientists agree on this matter is largely bullcrap. Plenty of evidence that is contrary to media hype is routinely published, and ignored in a most illogical way, by those who only view science through agenda glasses. We may, in fact, be in a sort of "harmonic loop" where, as phytoplankton, the lowest form on the food chain pretty much, and one of the most important parts of the carbon cycle, is driven deeper in to the ocean the higher global temperatures rise, as a general rule. When this happens, they perform their "carbon cycle duties" at a much less efficient rate. See what I mean? Higher temp, they go deep, carbon cycle itself is negatively affected, and we spiral downward.

Also, we do not know if we have achieved max saturation. Lets say you have a window with 50 shades. Do you need 50 shades? No. Even if they are pieces of crap, at some point around 10 you are going to block all the light that you can. Have we reached that point with C02 and trapping gases? No telling. We don't know enough!

See the similarities between the proposals of the OP and ecological disasters mentioned earlier? A bunch of know-it-alls tried to FIX things.

It is to laugh.
    First mankind is not responsible... then mankind is supposed to debate it to death and do something...

I think we have more spin than reality here...

When folks make up their mind what they believe--and post it... then they will be credible.

Until then...

Well those that can read between the lines have more important things to do.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Gun nuts and the NRA are flush with cash. Perhaps a nominal fee on weapons, ammo and accessories would provide more than enough funding for these proposals.

Are you still upset about the NRA? Good now go swill some whiskey and keep shooting them golfs and pretend you're Tiger Woo.
    FEN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation_in_Brazil

Everything is interconnected, Notice the loss of the largest ecosystem on the planet and surface area from 96% to 82%.

Now think in terms of temp rise of oceans and evaporation rates and increases and interconnected ocean currents.

From the horse latitudes at 20 degrees above and below starting at 0. Deforestation to resolve debt,to provide mining and farming.
    FEN

Not that innovative...its a direct exchange system. How much energy did it talked to mfg all that chopper and refrigerant. So out had acop off what 6 or 8. Still uses energy and its a big house. Probably still uses more than my House.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Not that innovative...its a direct exchange system. How much energy did it talked to mfg all that chopper and refrigerant. So out had acop off what 6 or 8. Still uses energy and its a big house. Probably still uses more than my House.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    But if you are going to have a big house, and what would be the point of making a lot of money if you could not have one, would you not go for an efficient system? Don't understand blasting him about that.

Don't understand this either.
    So out had acop off what 6 or 8.
    If I gave it more thought I might, but it just does not seem to be worth the effort.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Are you still upset about the NRA?
    I believe your perception equipment needs recalibration.

The comment was light-hearted yet incisive social commentary/

Good now go swill some whiskey
    I swill Mexican beer and Margaritas.

and keep shooting them golfs
    No playing this weekend. The pro tour is in town at Colonial. Watched a little golf, worked on the tan, and partied at the Margarita Tent.

and pretend you're Tiger Woo.
    Nah. I pretend I'm Hogan.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    First mankind is not responsible... then mankind is supposed to debate it to death and do something...

I think we have more spin than reality here...

When folks make up their mind what they believe--and post it... then they will be credible.

Until then...

Well those that can read between the lines have more important things to do.
    When did I say that man is not responsible?

I am not an AGW denier, I simply say that ACTIVE counter-measures are foolish.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123