Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Maybe we can start with a buck every time a lib posts a comment that does not have a solution for an issue...
    Even better, we could charge a buck for each instance of posting a pass-along e-mail.

That alone would undoubtedly pay for all necessary research and implementation with a handsome sum remaining to fund remedial science education for conservlicans.

I KNOW THERE IS INTELLIGENT LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE:

You know how I know.....they haven't tried to contact us

It appears all the nut jobs are all ready on Terra Firma
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

There is this big conspiracy theory that many buy into that asserts that scientists and politicians are working together to impose sanctions because of global climate change so they can enrich themselves or something crazy like that. I can't describe how much I feel that this is short-sighted and ignorant. The reality is that YES it's happening and YES we have to do something about it otherwise we're toast in a century or two. (that's your grandchildren and their children and grand-children)

http://www.ucsusa.org/ssi/climate-ch...sensus-on.html

Quote Originally Posted by Phrancis View Post
    There is this big conspiracy theory that many buy into that asserts that scientists and politicians are working together to impose sanctions because of global climate change so they can enrich themselves or something crazy like that. I can't describe how much I feel that this is short-sighted and ignorant. The reality is that YES it's happening and YES we have to do something about it otherwise we're toast in a century or two. (that's your grandchildren and their children and grand-children)

ya, your right, Owl Gore didn't make a dime on Global warming.....he lives in a 16,000ft² house that has a carbon foot print bigger than most towns/cities. he flies around in a private jet that pumps out more exhaust than 3000 cars.

The earth has been around for an estimated 14 million years, Mother earth will take care herself.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Well, all I can say is that this is exactly why I do not favor ACTIVE response. Passive response is fine, nothing wrong with it.

As I've often said, you can't, with a straight face, carry the present in to the future and think you've got it locked down. It's happened many times before, like when a scientist predicted (not once but twice) world famine on the Johnny Carson show. Never happened. You'll also note that the peak oil folks are rather quiet at the moment.

Talk about failing to learn from history, this is a case in point of all case in points!

Don't tell me what happens when things keep going on like this BECAUSE THAT SCENARIO IS FLAT OUT IMPOSSIBLE. FULL STOP.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrancis View Post

So carbon tax credits aren't a get rich scheme? If you put out over a certain amount of carbon you pay a tax which somehow makes it's way into a former politicians hands. The same amount of carbon still went into the atmosphere, except for someone getting rich what did it help.

Ever notice how plants look so much better in the spring than late summer, it's all the carbon in the air that built up over the winter. Have you ever seen a carbon cloud in the sky, all of them that I see are water vapor. I heard a study the other day where co2 actually helps cool the planet. How arrogant do you have to be to believe that man is more powerful than the sun? When the global warming crap fisrt came out it was reported that the planet temp had raised 2 degrees, 2/10th of that man made. That means that if every person on the planet was gone it still would have went up 1.8 degrees. That doesn't seem like much of an affect to me.

And finally before I get off my soap box, what if we try something and it makes it worse? It's not like if you put differant registers in a house, where if it doesn't work you just change them back. There are far to many variables for our small minds to comtemplate and far to few of them that we can control. So let's say that the CO2 is causing the planet to warm{not saying it is, just an example}. In this example we are also having a large amount of solar activity. So we make changes and cut down CO2 emmisions by 75%. Everything looks better. Now the solar activity stops and several volcanos erupt. We just went from a slight warming to extreme cooling, more so than if we hadn't done anything. And what happens to the plant life that relies on CO2 to live? Now we do have a big problem and nothing we can do about it.

Right, that's the other part of history that's being ignored. Our EXTREMELY poor record with regards to manipulating our environment. Like introducing predators to control pests BEFORE the dynamics of ecosystems were properly understood. Or, say, our attempts to build man made barrier reefs out of old automobile tires. Or like the way we are fixing all the damage we've done with dams, wait, oh no, mostly we just make things worse.

So, you mean, you want to fix things? Kinda like that?

They have introduced rattlesnakes to the forests around here cause the hunters were complaining that the abundance of squirrels were eating all the acorns etc..... that the deer like to eat.......
    One things for _______ sure, ________ rock didnt land on ______ sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near _______ a _______ years ago. __ aint even a ______, __ is half _______ and half ________.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ya, your right, Owl Gore didn't make a dime on Global warming.....he lives in a 16,000ft² house that has a carbon foot print bigger than most towns/cities. he flies around in a private jet that pumps out more exhaust than 3000 cars.

The earth has been around for an estimated 14 million years, Mother earth will take care herself.
    Recently, one high-efficiency home heat
    -
    ing and cooling system earned an endorsement
    of sorts from perhaps the best-known environ
    -
    mentalist on the planet—Al Gore. Although the
    former U.S. vice president, a co-recipient of the
    Nobel Prize for his environmental activism, has
    not publicly lauded his new HVAC equipment,
    he voted his approval of an innovative ground-
    source heat pump system by installing one in his
    own Nashville home and office headquarters.
    http://www.copper.org/publications/n...ore_Choose.pdf
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Right, that's the other part of history that's being ignored. Our EXTREMELY poor record with regards to manipulating our environment. Like introducing predators to control pests BEFORE the dynamics of ecosystems were properly understood. Or, say, our attempts to build man made barrier reefs out of old automobile tires. Or like the way we are fixing all the damage we've done with dams, wait, oh no, mostly we just make things worse.

So, you mean, you want to fix things? Kinda like that?
    These are good points... it only takes a little googling to find man tends to screw things up more than fix them... when govts are the fixers.

Personally, I believe this GW and CC stuff is mostly fear mongering to give govt folks an excuse to pass laws that favor their buddies who finance their campaigns. Pure and simple corruption.
    If the American public were to ever wake up and look at what is going on... well we might have our free country back... I would not hold my breath...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

No, no. Global warming is very real. It is not a question of whether or not it exists. The questions is, what do we do about it, if anything? How severe is its effect? What has caused it to happen?

Despite what some might indicate, there are still debates to be had about Global Warming. But one of those debates is not about IF it is occurring.

This is normal for science for the most part. Debate rages over many things, but usually not over whether or not a thing has occurred, at least in practical, rather than theoretical, science.

Any claim that a "majority" of scientists agree on this matter is largely bullcrap. Plenty of evidence that is contrary to media hype is routinely published, and ignored in a most illogical way, by those who only view science through agenda glasses. We may, in fact, be in a sort of "harmonic loop" where, as phytoplankton, the lowest form on the food chain pretty much, and one of the most important parts of the carbon cycle, is driven deeper in to the ocean the higher global temperatures rise, as a general rule. When this happens, they perform their "carbon cycle duties" at a much less efficient rate. See what I mean? Higher temp, they go deep, carbon cycle itself is negatively affected, and we spiral downward.

Also, we do not know if we have achieved max saturation. Lets say you have a window with 50 shades. Do you need 50 shades? No. Even if they are pieces of crap, at some point around 10 you are going to block all the light that you can. Have we reached that point with C02 and trapping gases? No telling. We don't know enough!

See the similarities between the proposals of the OP and ecological disasters mentioned earlier? A bunch of know-it-alls tried to FIX things.

It is to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Well, all I can say is that this is exactly why I do not favor ACTIVE response. Passive response is fine, nothing wrong with it.
    Of what would a passive response consist?

As I've often said, you can't, with a straight face, carry the present in to the future and think you've got it locked down. It's happened many times before, like when a scientist predicted (not once but twice) world famine on the Johnny Carson show. Never happened. You'll also note that the peak oil folks are rather quiet at the moment.
    Erhlich wrote a popular book from which he made his predictions. One guy without even peer-reviewd papers

This is not in the same ballpark, hell it is not even on the planet as the consensus view of AGW supported by a massive number peer-reviewed papers.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Personally, I believe this GW and CC stuff is mostly fear mongering to give govt folks an excuse to pass laws that favor their buddies who finance their campaigns. Pure and simple corruption.
    Written like a rabid ideologue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast