Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Lux Air keeps blowing 3 amp fuse on board help...

    Hi all first i want to thank all that respond to my question.... OK here goes ... First let me tell you guys by trade i am an auto tech and know the ins and outs of shorts ... What i gathered from the net is if this 3 amp fuse blows its a problem on the low voltage side therm or therm wiring or contacter coil outside I get that totally... However if i disconnected all the low voltage wires off the board, I took the therm and all that out of the equation.... Put the fuse in throw the switch and bang it instantly pops could this be a sign of a bad or shorted board... Please any guidance would be apreciated...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    N. Idaho
    Posts
    586
    Getting closer...

    Not much DIY help can be given on this site, especially when involving electricity.

    There may be a wire diagram on the inside of your furnace cover. Give it some more thought.
    "I've got my Gas Mechanics license"
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

  3. #3
    You know fellas I was not aware of the DIY BS on this site or i would have never posted here.. However i have to tell you guys after reading some of the comments from you so called professionals and the way you guys abuse someone that's just looking for a little help really isn't rite... Maybe most of you guys that answer people with comments like for X amount ill tell you and i would help you but then ill have to bill you or yeah that's rite keep going and you'll call me and my bill will be higher BS should step back and look at your lives and ill bet 99 percent of you guys that are greedy really aren't where you want to be and that fellas is called karma.. Ill tell you a little about me and i only speak the truth.. I am 47 years old and have been a self employed auto mechanic for 29 of my 47 yrs with 3 booming repair shops and i promise you guys and I know none of you at all, so this is a bold statement ill make with out hesitation.... I can buy and sell 99 percent of you guys any day of the week at 47 years old... And I got there being a decent hardworking honest guy, sure I love to make money just as much as anyone else but that don't mean I wouldn't help someone with advice on how to do for themselves so i can make money even if they walked into my shop and i gave them a diagnosis and an estimate and they wanted to tackle the job themselves ... Its those reasons i believe people like me did very well in life and want for nothing.... Think it over fellas KARMAS a ***** .... PS Mods let some of these bananas read this a while before you delete it maybe they'll smarten up

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    N. Idaho
    Posts
    586
    Whoa, settle down pal. I'm the only one who has replied and I was not rude. I gave you a hint. (which was probably breaking the rules) If you do what you say you do, this problem shouldn't be a big deal.

    I am not gonna tell you to start digging in you furnace, no one else here will either. Its not safe for someone untrained, probably not for SOME trained either. That is part of the rules for being a member.
    "I've got my Gas Mechanics license"
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,675
    If you fix cars like you write sentences and paragraphs I highly doubt you are a successful business owner. By the way what is the name of your auto shops? Just want to see your website.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Whoa, settle down pal. I'm the only one who has replied and I was not rude. I gave you a hint. (which was probably breaking the rules) If you do what you say you do, this problem shouldn't be a big deal.

    I am not gonna tell you to start digging in you furnace, no one else here will either. Its not safe for someone untrained, probably not for SOME trained either. That is part of the rules for being a member.
    I didn't mean it because of your response.. I was just reading threw responses on other posts and it was terrible... You seem like a decent guy im sure you understand what im talking about if you read some of the responses.....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    7,468
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnap View Post
    I didn't mean it because of your response.. I was just reading threw responses on other posts and it was terrible...
    Sometimes we get worked up, this is actually a forum for hvac pros to help each other out rather than a DIY site to help homeowners screw with their own stuff. I'm sure you are capable of doing it yourself but tge open forums can be read by anyone and if we led you to do it all someone uncapable would have to do is read it and possibly get killed. There are other sites that do the DIY thing and there's always YouTube

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    If you fix cars like you write sentences and paragraphs I highly doubt you are a successful business owner. By the way what is the name of your auto shops? Just want to see your website.
    Now I didn't refer to any particular member or response with what i stated.... However there's no doubt in my mind since your bloomers got in a bunch over what I said that your one of the so called professionals I was referring to.... And make no mistake I didnt say it to put anyone down or start a pissing contest.... I'm only calling it the way I see it.... And you know what Toocoolforschool if even you ever need some guidance if your working in my field send me a PM and ill even help you... But im guessing your one of them guys that can do it all.....

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Sometimes we get worked up, this is actually a forum for hvac pros to help each other out rather than a DIY site to help homeowners screw with their own stuff. I'm sure you are capable of doing it yourself but tge open forums can be read by anyone and if we led you to do it all someone uncapable would have to do is read it and possibly get killed. There are other sites that do the DIY thing and there's always YouTube
    Listen I understand totally what your saying.. That being said if someone is going to even respond to something that's of limits you do it in a diplomatic way like you did and explain why you cant help someone.... You don't be little people that are looking for guidance the way some of these posts are responded to... Please take the time to read some of these posts im sure you'll agree its just wrong.....Its sad because these type of guys actually are so far behind in life they think there leaders... Like who you impressing talking about what you make and I can help you if you send me this.. Just not cool.... My mother always told me God don't like ugly and I live by that cause its so true.... Just like some are trying to abuse me because of my paragraph skills see my point I didnt put anyone person down....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,145

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event