Thread: Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Help

I have a problem with the pressure on a unit.
    Suction 45-50 lbs
    Liquid line 210
    super heat 15
    sub cool 20
    return air 72
    supply air 54
    good amount of air flow.
    Can not get suction pressure up. I can't seem to figure out the problem(if i even do have one) Anybody have any ideas

Post Likes
    Type of unit, brand, model #, refrigerant might be helpful. Also maybe operating conditions.

Post Likes
    it appears that all is operating ok...even if i dont know exactly what you have. assuming txv and dx cooling coil, you are not getting the heat out of the coil and into the refrigerant...dirty coil on the air side or dirty tubes on the refrigerant side (like from an old burn out or something).

a little more info would really help...i really hate assuming.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    What is your outdoor temperature? You subcool seems a bit high but if you have a low OAT then your subcool will be a bit high. I also really don't see anything wrong especially with the low high side pressure.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    sounds like a dirty evaporator (indoor) on a heat-pump.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tex~n~oz View Post
    sounds like a dirty evaporator (indoor) on a heat-pump.
    Granted we need more info. but why? A TD on the indoor coil of 18 deg and a superheat of 15 deg sounds great to me.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in