Confused Noisy tankless water heater

Several weeks ago, my water heater made a strange noise and starter sounding like a helicopter was landing in the yard. I called service, $, to tell me it needed cleaning. Had it cleaned, $ for 20 minutes. Neither helped and it is still groaning and sounds like my husband is trimming the yard. I am in a quandary and hope that someone can advise me how to go about fixing this. I understand that Rinnai customer service stinks and I really need help. My son and husband do not seem to hear what I hear!!!

Pricing isn't allowed
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 05-20-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Well heres a tip. Those are known to suck up stuff in the intake vent. More than likely the combustion motor must be removed and cleaned and the burner manifold is to be cleaned. the concentric venting used must be removed and checked for obstructions. This is for a qualified person only. If you unplug certain things in this unit without knowing what you are doing, you are in for a world of hurt. Call rinnai and have them get you in contact with an authorized service provider in the area. Ive had many run ins with these. Dont play Mr fix it. please.

Noisy water heater

Thanks for the reply, I will check about authorized dealers as you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by heresjohnnyb View Post
    Well heres a tip. Those are known to suck up stuff in the intake vent. More than likely the combustion motor must be removed and cleaned and the burner manifold is to be cleaned. the concentric venting used must be removed and checked for obstructions. This is for a qualified person only. If you unplug certain things in this unit without knowing what you are doing, you are in for a world of hurt. Call rinnai and have them get you in contact with an authorized service provider in the area. Ive had many run ins with these. Dont play Mr fix it. please.