Air conditioner not blowing very cold??

I have a 2 story colonial and as one would guess the second floor seems to always be warmer (heat rises). In any rate I just turned on the air conditioning for the first time this weekend and noticed that the air really isn't blowing that cold.

Here's a picture of the thermostat that I installed last month. Correct me if I'm wrong, is the blue wire suppose to be connected to the "Y" terminal?

if so, that's the way I ended up wiring it now. With the Blue wire to the "Y" terminal. Still doesn't blow that cold though. Any other suggestions before I call an HVAC professional to come out and take a look? thanks in advance.

Hard to say. Whare does the other end go? B for blue sounds nice. Yellow matched to Y is nice too. But all the wires could be red, purple or brown and all that matters si what it conencts to at the other end. Never rely on a wire color without verifying whats at hte opposite end and making sure some a**** didn't splice something inbetween and change colors on you jus tfor kicks.

Either way it's not a DIY site. Best we cna offer is either download the manual, or contact a contractor to sort it out. A blwoen transformer will cost you a LOT more if you get it wrong.

thanks for the reply. I'll double check the connections on the other end. There's a few other things I'll check as well....compressor kicking on etc...

I may just call a professional in to go through everything. We just bought the house a couple months ago so I should have then check everything out.

why did you replace the thermostat in the firstpace
    We really need change now

I'm guessing the outdoor unit is not coming on?
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

After all is said and done it's still a piece of junk t-stat.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    After all is said and done it's still a piece of junk t-stat.
    Why do you even post in AOP, you never have anything good or helpful to say. You misrepresent those of us that try to be helpful within the AOP rules.

The old thermostat was so bad that you couldn't even read the digital display anymore so you never knewwhat was being displayed let alone the temperature. It was badly in need of replacing for sure.

The unit itself kicks in but the compressor line that comes out of the unit doesn't get cold at all. I've called in an HVAC company to come out and inspect it today.

Thanks for all your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Why do you even post in AOP, you never have anything good or helpful to say. You misrepresent those of us that try to be helpful within the AOP rules.
    Let me get this straight, you are helping someone who bought a t-stat at home depot and are making me the bad guy, OKAY. I was just stating a fact, that is a cheap junky t-stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus1 View Post
    The old thermostat was so bad that you couldn't even read the digital display anymore so you never knewwhat was being displayed let alone the temperature. It was badly in need of replacing for sure.

The unit itself kicks in but the compressor line that comes out of the unit doesn't get cold at all. I've called in an HVAC company to come out and inspect it today.

Thanks for all your replies.
    Good call, Now you can get some cold air and stop the madness.

Let's all try to be tolerant of each other, and be helpful to those asking for and needing helpful information...

In most cases if the user knows how to perform some simple temp readings along with indoor humidity, that will let them know if they need to call a contractor; [B]many need to call a good contractor but don't know their system is not delivering near its rated capacity to & from the rooms![/B]

Well, the HVAC contractor was overbooked and was a no-show today. It was too hot to wait any longer so I took a stab at it. It ended up being a bad capacitor. I picked one up, hooked it up and bingo, cold air. Saved probably about $ had the contractor come out.

thanks everyone.
    Last edited by beenthere; 05-22-2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: price