Trane 10 ton Hi Eff RTU Model TSC120E nuisance alarm

I'm having an issue with a RTU sending a "Call Trane Service" alarm through our Building Automation System. The unit does not shut down, operates as normal but this alarm disappears for months but then when it starts occurring, the interval between realarms shortens from every 24 hours to every hour on the hour. Trane certified, non-Trane service tech cannot explain purpose of alarm> Trane service techs cannot help either.... Has anyone had this issue or anything similar>>>?? Thanks for any and all help...

What brand is your Building Automation System? It sounds like you need to get a controls tech involved. One who is familar with your brand of BAS. For example, if it is Trane Tracer Summit, then that alarm could be a custom created alarm and knowing what generates it is the first step in solving your problem. It could be as simple as the program writer chose something like compressor amp draw to verify that the unit is running, but we all know that the compressor doesn't always run (such as when the space is satisfied) when the unit runs. I'm not a controls tech, so I can't tell you for sure that is a possibility. Either the guy who wrote or programmed your system should be able to help, or someone who is familar with your brand system (BAS) should be able to look in it and determine what generates that alarm. Mods, this may get more helpful views in a control forum.