Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

New YJ 95760 revovery machine...

Time for a new recovery machine.

Best price I could find was in the plus six and half range at wholesale warehouse.

Any impression on this or suggestion for another brand?

I haven't found any recovery machine that comes close to touching the toughness, reliability and durability if the appion g5 twin. Like someone posted a while back, it swallows liquid and breathes vapor and keeps on chugging along.

Forget the YJ, get an Appion G5 Twin.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

G5 twin for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    G5 twin for sure.
    I think you guys know I respect your opinions, so would you mind answering if that puppy shuts off at 15"hg and auto purge at the end of a recovery?
    I just checked TTT no mention of it.
    If it does I'm in. I wanna be one of the "cool Guys"

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    I think you guys know I respect your opinions, so would you mind answering if that puppy shuts off at 15"hg and auto purge at the end of a recovery?
    I just checked TTT no mention of it.
    If it does I'm in. I wanna be one of the "cool Guys"
    No, it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    No, it does not.
    thanks.

i have some contemplating today, i guess.

thanks.

i have some contemplating today, i guess.
    The g5 is easy to purge and why would you pull the system down to vacuum with a recovery machine anyway. I always get it down to 5-10 psi then blow the rest.

Here's my thing...they aren't very heavy. It's almost indestructible. Easily rebuilt, pumps fast, and is very reliable. Mine has been dropped or fell out of the van too many times, and it just now needs a rebuild after 5 years of use.

The auto shutoff on the YJ is a nice feature, but hardly a reason to contemplate purchasing an otherwise inferior machine.
    The Appion doesn't need a purge cycle because liquid refrigerant isn't run through its crankcase like the YJ has to do to prevent liquid from destroying the pump.

The YJ pump requires that you switch between liquid and vapor recovery, and it is slower than the Appion G5 Twin at either one.
    With the Appion, there is no switching that needs to be done, the pumping mechanism can handle either one, without having to rout liquid through the crankcase like the YJ.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    The g5 is easy to purge and why would you pull the system down to vacuum with a recovery machine anyway. I always get it down to 5-10 psi then blow the rest.
    15"hg is an EPA requirement no?

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    The auto shutoff on the YJ is a nice feature, but hardly a reason to contemplate purchasing an otherwise inferior machine.
    The Appion doesn't need a purge cycle because liquid refrigerant isn't run through its crankcase like the YJ has to do to prevent liquid from destroying the pump.

The YJ pump requires that you switch between liquid and vapor recovery, and it is slower than the Appion G5 Twin at either one.
    With the Appion, there is no switching that needs to be done, the pumping mechanism can handle either one, without having to rout liquid through the crankcase like the YJ.
    Good info. Thanks. Could always put a LPCO in series with the power cord.LOL

One of my coworkers has a stinger or something like that, it looks like the yj and we all hate it so it never gets used we have 3 g5s that get used and abused all the time. Have had to replace the seals and fan blade/gears in one after 5 years of rolling around being abused in the back of the van.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast