So my Boss who is Conserv Republican Voted for Obuma - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shark58 View Post
    Yes Barbar, you are correct, I do get paid by the taxpayers, however, I actually work for a living! By the way, I AM A TAXPAYER. I received form W-2 every year for 30 years and worked for the oldest organized labor force in the world; The United States Army!!! The difference between me and the folks on assistance is very, very simple. THEY DON'T WORK, THEREFORE, THEY DO NOT PAY TAXES!!!!! Most are young, able-bodied people that choose to sit on their butts all day long instead of working for a living and actually contributing. I have absolutely no respect for the takers in this world! If you have a legitimate disability that prohibits you from working, that is a different story. But if you are healthy and able to work but choose not to work and suck the system dry, shame on you! That is not what government assistance was designed for. Like a lot of other government run organizations, Barbar, it has simply gotten out of control. Good luck to you and yours and "God Bless America"
    By the way, I go to the local VA Hospital and donate approximately 20 hours per week to help those who need help. I also buy books and lunch and games and so forth to the tune of about $10,000 per year! And I do not take a tax deduction for it. I actually give it away because there are legitimate "needy people" in this country that need assistance and can't get it. But if you are an illegal immigrant or a BUM, you can get anything you desiere and more! It is pretty sad man!

"The Colonel"
    Thank you Colonel, I thought you might of understood my comment, Firstly I totally agree, those who can work and receive a benefit, should either be working in a low paid, or at least doing something that benefits the community. I am against "dole bums", who manipulate the system as a life style, how ever there are many who are unable to get work "no jobs available", or who work is so badly paid, that it does not cover an acceptable life cost. I think it was unfair to say all that are takers (and at sometime in life many of us will be) are not contributes. I know many like your self, give there time freely, to aid others.
    I believe the strength of a society, is not how strong the strong are, but how the strong look at after the weak and vulnerable. There will always some who abuse, social safety nets. Takers and Administrators

Outstanding thoughts young man! Don't ever let anyone bully you. You have the freedom of speech because of guys like me, so use it, don't abuse it! You are on the right track. Voice your opinion! That is important but remember where we came from as well. We are a "Constitutional Republic", not a Democracy as some people believe! We are where we are because we worked hard and sacrificed for so many years! That is why I don't like bums! My father and his father and his father and so on made the United States of America the greatest nation in the world. We sacrificed a lot to get where we are today. I just don't like seeing us crumble under a bunch of opportunistic Democrats waiting for the next hand out! We have made it easy to fail in this once great country. We don't speak out anymore because we are afraid of being sued for voicing our opinion! The blacks, hispanics, illegals, gays, liberals, tree huggers, whale huggers and on and on and on and on have had their way because no one opposes them . Everyone is afraid of them! I'm not! I'm not afraid of anyone or any race or any organization that threatens me and my way of life! They can all kiss my ass! We have become weak and fat and lazy and complacent! If this is our future, I don't know if i want to be a part of it!

Take care man! KEEP THE SUN AT YOUR BACK AND YOUR POWDER DRY!!

The Colonel

Outstanding thoughts young man! Don't ever let anyone bully you. You have the freedom of speech because of guys like me, so use it, don't abuse it! You are on the right track. Voice your opinion! That is important but remember where we came from as well. We are a "Constitutional Republic", not a Democracy as some people believe! We are where we are because we worked hard and sacrificed for so many years! That is why I don't like bums! My father and his father and his father and so on made the United States of America the greatest nation in the world. We sacrificed a lot to get where we are today. I just don't like seeing us crumble under a bunch of opportunistic Democrats waiting for the next hand out! We have made it easy to fail in this once great country. We don't speak out anymore because we are afraid of being sued for voicing our opinion! The blacks, hispanics, illegals, gays, liberals, tree huggers, whale huggers and on and on and on and on have had their way because no one opposes them . Everyone is afraid of them! I'm not! I'm not afraid of anyone or any race or any organization that threatens me and my way of life! They can all kiss my ass! We have become weak and fat and lazy and complacent! If this is our future, I don't know if i want to be a part of it!

The Colonel
    I am not american, but share similar (not the same) base values, and in one way i can agree, that success (which the US has clearly had) does lead to complacency, as if success will last forever, without the work needed.
    Illegals are criminals, and should be treated accordingly, the others if they are US residents, should have the same rights, but what if history disadvantaged them, and they are in a endless cycle of poverty and second-classness, should society then right the wrong doing, to bring a more equal playing field. As far as gays, that up to them, but being gay should not restrict their rights.
    What is your way of life, and who is threatening it, yesterday is different from today, and tomorrow will be different than today. You yourself are changing your lifestyle (not an insult but a fact).

Liberalism is a disease and Obama is yo mama!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    I am not american, but share similar (not the same) base values, and in one way i can agree, that success (which the US has clearly had) does lead to complacency, as if success will last forever, without the work needed.
    Illegals are criminals, and should be treated accordingly, the others if they are US residents, should have the same rights, but what if history disadvantaged them, and they are in a endless cycle of poverty and second-classness, should society then right the wrong doing, to bring a more equal playing field. As far as gays, that up to them, but being gay should not restrict their rights.
    What is your way of life, and who is threatening it, yesterday is different from today, and tomorrow will be different than today. You yourself are changing your lifestyle (not an insult but a fact).
    Barber, My parents were born into what could be called the edge... the edge between hanging onto a lower middle-class life and falling off into the bottom of the food chain (subsistence workers) They realized there was only one way to climb out... they sacrificed (did without) and WORKED HARD to improve their lives.

As Shark suggests... there are true charity cases, yet there are also lazy bums. The problem we have in the USA (IMO) is no system of checks and balances to weed out the bums who are gaming the system to get what they can without working. Sure there are rules and laws... it is apparent those rules and laws they are not doing their job.

Yes, work is HARD... that is life. And one has a choice... they can work HARD to better themselves (as in learn a trade or get an education) along with earning enough to pay their bills... or they can live off the dole and complain all the time. Each is a lifestyle and each is a choice.
    Personally, I believe if someone has to live cheap and low to get an education (trade or higher schooling)... well that experience just makes the education that much more valuable to them. IMO also the experience of doing without and completing the education makes the person a better person all around... including a better citizen of the country. Taking responsibility seems to cause this thing called maturity... the lack of maturity is a spoiled child.

You see... when the requirement of choosing to do the right thing (work) is thwarted (as with handout programs...), that attitude of lazyness and uselessness takes over. I call it being 'worthless'... The USA needs to take steps to take away the opportunity for folks to become 'worthless'. The problem here is politicians can literally 'buy' elections by creating pockets of worthless folks. The proof of this is to study a 'red/blue' chart of a national election... a few pockets of worthless folks can swing a whole state.

Now if someone has a REAL need... I have seen endless folks with big hearts who will volunteer their time and take care of that need... They also are smart enough to discern the difference between a needy person and a person gaming the system. IMO we need to take away the ability to game the system (any system). The simple way to do this is to get the federal govt OUT of helping folks. Make it a local deal WITHOUT any federal money or strings attached. Folks will get the help they need... they just may have to do without an Escalade (Cadillac SUV) and a 60" TV...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

The Colonel
    While I am at it... THANK YOU Colonel for your service to my country!
    I did not make the sacrifice you did, yet I am well aware my freedom comes from what you and your fellow folks did.
    Keep taking care of the vets... they deserve more than they are getting.
    And some help straightening out the liberals here would be much appreciated... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Well put G !
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Well put G !
    I see you have a new barmaid... is this the same one from a few back, carrying a handful of 'real' beers...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Same one, different angle my friend.

Outstanding thoughts young man! Don't ever let anyone bully you. You have the freedom of speech because of guys like me, so use it, don't abuse it! You are on the right track. Voice your opinion!
    Which I guess these people do.

The blacks, hispanics, illegals, gays, liberals, tree huggers, whale huggers and on and on and on and on and on have had their way because no one opposes them
    And how is it that no one opposes them? Is it that these people actually have a cause that is just? Is it wrong to actually think we need trees to grow, whales in our oceans, liberals to actually care about causes others do not take up, gays to change what we think is acceptable behavior to our fellow man even though they are different from us, blacks - guess they should all have been happy on the plantation, hispanics - well your right, even as Americans they dress funny so they should just wait a few hundred years befor they have a say in their country.

I'm not! I'm not afraid of anyone or any race or any organization that threatens me and my way of life! They can all kiss my ass! We have become weak and fat and lazy and complacent! If this is our future, I don't know if i want to be a part of it!
    I would guess those above that you think have the same thoughts as you. 'I'm not afraid of anyone or any race or any organization that threatens me and my way of life!' Probably not all that different as you. It still comes down to 'me'. And if it were not for the average person not looking out for 'me', then who would do it. Well that is unless you are the tree hugger type that takes up a cause because you think it is right.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Same one, different angle my friend.
    Lot of good angles on that one.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Excellence (or semi-excellance) in politics will never be achieved by constantly knocking your opponent. It will be done by focusing on your own weaknesses as they do in professional sports. That means not complaining about the other coaches and players (politicians) but by firing your own dead weight.

This country will go into the toilet because people buy into the constant opposition presented by our news media, which takes your eye way off the ball. Democrat and Republican Politicians and corporate elitists set this game up and we play right along with it...without a clue.

We've learned how to demand excellence in pro sports, but not in politics. Our priorities are backwards.

Very Smart Post Brian:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Excellence (or semi-excellance) in politics will never be achieved by constantly knocking your opponent. It will be done by focusing on your own weaknesses as they do in professional sports. That means not complaining about the other coaches and players (politicians) but by firing your own dead weight.

This country will go into the toilet because people buy into the constant opposition presented by our news media, which takes your eye way off the ball. Democrat and Republican Politicians and corporate elitists set this game up and we play right along with it...without a clue.

We've learned how to demand excellence in pro sports, but not in politics. Our priorities are backwards.
    Rodney Koop/ Dalton Ga
    founder of The New Flat Rate
    Owner of Masingill Clean Air

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast