Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    I'm beyond hope I guess, because the communist aims of the republican party disgust me as much as those of the democratic party. I'm not talking about what they claim they will do, but what they do. Can you point to a single instance where government has been shrunk when under the control control of republican? The only time republicans are for small government is when they aren't in power, the same way the only time the democrats are anti-war peaceniks is when they aren't in control of the military. Wake up glen, all republicans since before lincoln are RINO's. It's very simple. If you want power you are not for smaller government, all republicans are politicians and want power. To get said power they will tell you what you want to hear in order to get you to give them to you.

It gets even simpler. All republicans and democrats are liars.
    I guess we just have to disagree. Reagan tried but he never had a conservative majority in Congress. To many RINOs within the Republican ranks. Their are many Republicans who are conservatives all the way and many are members of the Tea Party.

Check out the quotes from Goldwater in my signature. Unfortunately he didn't get elected. You sure don't want to vote communist simply because the majority of Repubicans aren't as conservative as we wish. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    No they wont.

As long as it is a republican in office then part of the people will be fine with whatever they do and will find a way to justify that presidents actions just as the democrat voters do when there is a dem in office.
    I don't know about that... That might have been the case in the past 10/15 years, but now I think more people are paying attention. I think, moving forward, both parties have some serious soul searching to do... Otherwise, a third party might just have enough momentum to bump one of the others off for good...which might not be a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I guess we just have to disagree. Reagan tried but he never had a conservative majority in Congress. To many RINOs within the Republican ranks. Their are many Republicans who are conservatives all the way and many are members of the Tea Party.

Check out the quotes from Goldwater in my signature. Unfortunately he didn't get elected. You sure don't want to vote communist because the majority of Repubicans aren's as conservative as we wish. Thank you, thank you very much

Goldwater was good one, don't know if he would have stayed true to his word or not but what he said was good. I even agree with what he said about vietnam. Win or leave. Not the part using low yield nukes though. We could have destroyed North vietnam without them. Not that I think we should have been there in the first place. I don't think communism was ever the threat it was made out to be. It's a bad system that will always collapse under it's own weight if left alone. The only reason the USSR survived so long was they had us to use as an enemy to unite the people, without that they would have always had massive uprisings. It takes an outside enemy to get people to surrender their rights. What's going on with the USA and terrorism is a good example.

I liked the tea party, back when it was mainly Ron Paul supporters and libertarians. I feel that the RINO's have captured and corrupted most of the movement. When you start digging into people like Rubio and the others that where swept into office you find that they are not for smaller government, but smaller government in some places and larger government in others. They are telling the people what they want to hear and again we shall elect RINO's to protect us from the fake progressives.

Quote Originally Posted by jbeckham View Post
    I don't know about that... That might have been the case in the past 10/15 years, but now I think more people are paying attention. I think, moving forward, both parties have some serious soul searching to do... Otherwise, a third party might just have enough momentum to bump one of the others off for good...which might not be a bad thing...
    Nothing changes. Look at what's happened with with the tea party and occupy wall-street. They were both independent movements that were captured by the mainstream politicians.

If you want change you don't need a new party. You need term limits, and an end to career politicians.

Would love to know what the differences between bush/clinton/bush/obama actually where.

More war, more entitlement, more regulations, more government, more taxes under every one of them.
    Elf has a point here... I would challenge anyone here to prove any of those 4 presidents lowered federal spending, lowered entitlements, lowered international military involvement, etc, etc, etc.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Nothing changes. Look at what's happened with with the tea party and occupy wall-street. They were both independent movements that were captured by the mainstream politicians.

If you want change you don't need a new party. You need term limits, and an end to career politicians.
    Yeah, but it may take a new party to get term limits...

Quote Originally Posted by jbeckham View Post
    Yeah, but it may take a new party to get term limits...
    New party won't want term limits either. Once people have power they don't tend to want to give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Elf has a point here... I would challenge anyone here to prove any of those 4 presidents lowered federal spending, lowered entitlements, lowered international military involvement, etc, etc, etc.
    There all the same. They all want to be popular and win. And spending money has proven to be real popular with the people. None of them have the balls to make the tough, responsible decisions that might make them unpopular. And if we had a third or fourth party they would turn out to be no different.

New party won't want term limits either. Once people have power they don't tend to want to give it up.
    What we lack are Statesmen. Giving up power has been done before, even when there was no rule to say otherwise.

We can either choose to be engaged in civil debate and discourse, or we can choose to be engaged on a field of battle...one way or another, that's how it gets sorted out.

I feel relatively confident I can get my points across either way it goes... And if I can't, I'm either dead and need not concern myself with it any longer, or I'll try again next election cycle...

I'm not the type to be all up in the ears of my representatives, but I am watching what they do and listening to what they say, and that's a whole lot more than I was doing 10 years ago...

And another point:

By choosing to not do anything, you are placing a heavier burden on the ones that do...

Why would I hang around to fight for an ideal if the vast majority of the ones around me share a completely different opinion...It would be a lot less messy to just move away...

the guy and his sons aren't conservative no matter what they tell you.

even though the Democrats keep saying "oil" and "Bush's War", if you look at the facts, the Democrats in Congress supported every action Bush made ,some where around 99%

and the excuse where they claimed they are tricked into supporting it, doesn't fly.
    1) because we don't send people to high political positions to be fooled by everything
    2) because later in the war, at the height of the Democrat anti-war propaganda, they were still approving everything Bush did.

when Obama came into office, there was no change of policy.

Democrats are the dishonesty party.
    many Democrats will identify themselves as Republicans for several reasons.
    they'll say "normally i'm Republican...", to give you the feeling they understand your concerns, and they'll say "BUT THIS TIME, i'm voting Democrat", to create the illusion that there is some important , life changing issue.

it's nothing more than a left-wing tactic to try to influence weak mind people.

i remember when i was a kid my father told everyone he was voting for Reagan, but when Reagan won , he was suddenly all pissed off.
    they lie

I am a retired full Colonel (O6), U.S Army Rangers, 30 years. Too many Americans are just plain mis-informed. The United States gets approximately 6% of it's oil from arab countries. We get most of our oil from Africa, Canada, South America and right here in the U.S. As far as Obama goes, he is just plain unqualified!! He has absolutely no idea what he is doing! He got elected because he is Santa Claus! He gives away "free stuff" all day long. The problem is that we, the taxpayers, are paying for all of his "free stuff". He sent cars, buses, vans, pick-up trucks, SUV's and everything else he could get his hands on to get voters to the polls. Both elections had nothing to do with our great nation. It was about numbers. Obama has tripled the national debt, over 50 million people are receiving food stamps and government assistance. Unemployment is at an all time high but no body gives a ****. He got elected because he out-hustled his opponent; twice! When interviewed by professional poll workers, over 80% of the people that voted for Obama have absolutely no idea why they voted for him! And over 80% of those people that voted for him were either black, hispanic, a minority or people on government assistance. These are the facts folks!! READ E'M AND WEEP!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shark58 View Post
    I am a retired full Colonel (O6), U.S Army Rangers, 30 years. Too many Americans are just plain mis-informed. The United States gets approximately 6% of it's oil from arab countries. We get most of our oil from Africa, Canada, South America and right here in the U.S. As far as Obama goes, he is just plain unqualified!! He has absolutely no idea what he is doing! He got elected because he is Santa Claus! He gives away "free stuff" all day long. The problem is that we, the taxpayers, are paying for all of his "free stuff". He sent cars, buses, vans, pick-up trucks, SUV's and everything else he could get his hands on to get voters to the polls. Both elections had nothing to do with our great nation. It was about numbers. Obama has tripled the national debt, over 50 million people are receiving food stamps and government assistance. Unemployment is at an all time high but no body gives a ****. He got elected because he out-hustled his opponent; twice! When interviewed by professional poll workers, over 80% of the people that voted for Obama have absolutely no idea why they voted for him! And over 80% of those people that voted for him were either black, hispanic, a minority or people on government assistance. These are the facts folks!! READ E'M AND WEEP!!!!!!!!!
    As you should know, the armed intervention in the middle east, is not solely a US intervention, it is allied intervention, and that being said, the amount oil is then more than the 6% you state. If oil is the argument, and would be deemed as a reasonable argument, then it is not about the actual oil, but "control of the oil."
    As a Colonel, you were paid for by the tax payers, so you are receiving you present from Santa, or if you did for free, then please accept my apology.
    If you had to feed your kids, would for vote for some one who will feed them, or vote for somebody who will not. Let me guess your reply would be a get a well paying job. Catch 22.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast